Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in the Champions League thread, I think that's one of the best performances i've seen from Messi and there are a lot to choose from.

If he becomes available on a free he'll be raking it in, ridiculous signing on fees and probably talking £500,000-£1,000,000 a week offers (if that's what he's after).

Still doubt he'll leave Barca but as long as we make sure we're at the front of the queue if he does.

Seven goals in four games and he's struggling?

Take a month off.

It's not just that he's not struggling now though. He was the best player in Spain last season, by quite a long way.

And he was good in the game that made Marvin criticise him, creating half a dozen opportunities for his teammates to score.

It's not just that he's not struggling now though. He was the best player in Spain last season, by quite a long way.

And he was good in the game that made Marvin criticise him, creating half a dozen opportunities for his teammates to score.
It was the Real Madrid v Barcelona Super Cup that shocked me, and then the Argentinian national games followed. If you remember Real madrid beat barcelona 5-1 on aggregate over two ties and rested players in the 2nd leg whilst Argentina are really struggling.

I must admit he proved me wrong and I called it too soon. I was not arguing that he hasn't been the best player in the world. I was saying that his game has dipped and we should be wary of buying him in 12 months time because it will only dip further, but obviously I was wrong. He's still an extraordinary player as he proved against Juve. All that happened is that truly great players can have 3-4 bad games.

It was the Real Madrid v Barcelona Super Cup that shocked me, and then the Argentinian national games followed. If you remember Real madrid beat barcelona 5-1 on aggregate over two ties and rested players in the 2nd leg whilst Argentina are really struggling.

I must admit he proved me wrong and I called it too soon. I was not arguing that he hasn't been the best player in the world. I was saying that his game has dipped and we should be wary of buying him in 12 months time because it will only dip further, but obviously I was wrong. He's still an extraordinary player as he proved against Juve. All that happened is that truly great players can have 3-4 bad games.

Well at least you gave everyone a talking point ;)

I so hope Messi let's the doubters get into his head and he comes to city and proves that even a past his "prime" Messi, is the greatest player on the planet. No one is even close to him, only Ronaldo can come close to matching his productivity but Ronaldo is still far away from matching Messi in footballing intelligence + Messi is better at the basic fundamentals of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.