Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see an attack against West Brom of Sane - Jesus - Diaz

It would be criminal not giving him game time in the league cup. Sancho has lead the way by leaving to try push on his career, more will follow if we don't start giving our most talented lads a chance in the cup games. I don't give a toss about the league cup, I'd get more satisfaction watching a few lads getting valuable game time.

Good post, especially about Alli and Stones (who are the types of players we should be spotting before rather than after they become superstars) and yea, a young player will have bad days. I hope we stand by them if and when it happens. I hope we stop chasing Sanchez et al each time a tiny gap appears in the squad and leave a route into tbe first team for kids like Diaz. Academy players are never going to break through with us otherwise.

Don't agree with the belief a squad has to be 22 international stars. We could probably do with a couple less in our squad, especially in midfield and wide where we have so many that a plague of biblical proportions would be required to open a path for an Academy kid.

It's signings like Delph, Rodwell, Fernando, Sinclair that we don't need. These spots should go to club trained players from the Academy.

We should concentrate on top players when it comes to signings, or elite talents like Jesus.

It's signings like Delph, Rodwell, Fernando, Sinclair that we don't need. These spots should go to club trained players from the Academy.

We should concentrate on top players when it comes to signings, or elite talents like Jesus.
I'm sure (without the use of hindsight) that the club thought they were as they do with all signings. Some work and some don't, there are no guarantees sadly

If Madrid are sniffing around then we need to try and give him game time. Him getting 45 minutes and the likes of Foden shows the academy lads the progression to the first team is there.

If he learned to pass a bit more when on the ball I think Pep would be more inclined to give him chances. This will come with experience though.

That's just a classic young player thing though. Christ, only a year ago Isco was getting criticised and people were saying he'd never progress because he was always over dribbling and holding onto the ball too long.

Experience and good coaching and he'll find the right balance of when to go on his own and when to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.