Hard Drive Partitions

When you clone a partition it will give you a n exact copy of your 250GB original hdd. You will then have 750GB of unpartitioned space. This can be fixed by expanding the the 250 to 1TB. You should be able to do this in windows via disk management, extend volume.
I would boot from the original disk when you do this.

After cloning the disk, Disk Management says I now have C: 231Gb NTFS and on the same drive I have another partition with no drive letter, called Disk 0 Partition 2, 854 Mb Healthy (Recovery Partition)

I also have F: 231 Gb NTFS and another partition on the same drive with no drive letter, called Disk 1 Partition 2, 699 Gb Healthy (Recovery Partition)

If I right click on the F: drive the option to Extend Volume is greyed out, if I right click on the Recovery Partition I just get a Help tab which takes me to a Windows Server page which is no help at all.

EaseUS has a merge partitions feature which has failed twice.

Any advice anybody?

After cloning the disk, Disk Management says I now have C: 231Gb NTFS and on the same drive I have another partition with no drive letter, called Disk 0 Partition 2, 854 Mb Healthy (Recovery Partition)

I also have F: 231 Gb NTFS and another partition on the same drive with no drive letter, called Disk 1 Partition 2, 699 Gb Healthy (Recovery Partition)

If I right click on the F: drive the option to Extend Volume is greyed out, if I right click on the Recovery Partition I just get a Help tab which takes me to a Windows Server page which is no help at all.

EaseUS has a merge partitions feature which has failed twice.

Any advice anybody?
Download Linux live like this one https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutori....975364251.1506116342-1491261456.1506116342#0

Boot via usb/dvd and run gparted from ubuntu to extend the partition.
Windows is a bit shite for this sort of thing.

Job for the weekend. Thanks again mate
I'd recommend partedmagic, wont take you a weekend. Once downloaded and written to bootable disc or usb drive, boot to partedmagic with your boot options, has all the options you need for partitioning, very easy to use.

https://partedmagic.com/using-gparted/
https://partedmagic.com/downloads/

Edit: I seem to remember it being free last time I used it... I'm sure you could source a free version though ;) (maybe even one of the older versions if you want to keep it above board).

Last edited:
Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!

Thanks everybody for the help. HDD is now partitioned successfully and all Gb's in place. Jalfraag and Metalartin, I used the Ubuntu software, just because it was the first suggestion. Took me a couple of goes to get it right, but got there is the end. Thanks again to you both for the help and suggestions

Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.