New Contracts

Delph and Mangala will be gone by next summer.

Fernandinho might get one more year depending on the rest of this season and what signings we make in central midfield.

I would offer extensions to KDB, Silva, Aguero and Jesus.

There was certainly confusion on Arsenal's part. I imagine Suarez and his team thought they had an agreement, they may indeed of had a gentleman's agreement, but there can't have been a legal agreement/release clause because Arsenal would have sued them turning it down and Suarez (who wanted to go to Arsenal at the time I believe) would have also sued Liverpool for breach of contract.
This seems to be where I got it from.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/02/liverpool-john-henry-luis-suarez-clause

Do like this bit though.

"It's been great for Luis, it's been great for us. We have three gentlemen up front Suárez, [Raheem] Sterling, and [Daniel]Sturridge, [they] are young, I think those three could be together for a long time."

Fernandinho should be renewed for sure, even if it's just another year.

We can go and buy a new player for that position, but with Yaya leaving and Gundogan's fitness issues we need a reliable option in there. It's a key position and new signings don't always work out.

Delph and Mangala will be gone by next summer.

Fernandinho might get one more year depending on the rest of this season and what signings we make in central midfield.

I would offer extensions to KDB, Silva, Aguero and Jesus.

Perhaps, but Delph is contracted until June 2020, I think, so perhaps not. Have the impression he might be satisfied being a bit-part player with us rather than playing 35+ games a season at a lower level.

Legal note: if a player has a release clause and his club turn down an offer that meets it, only the player can take action. The buying club is not privy to the contract, as lawyers say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.