Shakhtar Donetsk (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to a podcast on Thursday and the Italian football expert said that the Napoli staff feel that this could be their year to win the league and made several big changes for their game against Shakhtar. Not sure how much truth their is in that, but that could certainly help us top the group.

IMO Chelsea next week is bigger than Shaktar on Tuesday, I am in agreement Serge should have a rest, bring in Jesus for him.

Chelsea is a bigger game for me because I value winning the Premier League about all else. But I doubt Pep or our owner sees in that way. We can afford to lose to Chelsea and in the scheme of things it's 3 points dropped which is nothing over the course of the season. And I might add it's points that most of our competitors will drop too (i.e. most will surely drop points at Chelsea away).

But lose to Shaktar at home, and we are making topping the group very much more difficult, which surely must be a priority if we are to avoid RM or Bayern etc in the knockouts.

So overall, I think we should play the strongest possible team against Shaktar, and play whatever we can against Chelsea.

This should be a very difficult game. They beat Napoli last time out and Napoli are top of Italian league - played 6, won 6.

Need to rest Kompany for the international week.
I’d like to see Kompany pick up an “injury” in the 88th minute of the Chelsea match, personally.

I imagine his heart and ego wouldn’t allow for that, though. Love him, and always will, but his international career will inevitably shorten his club one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.