Loan watch and ex city players watch

I watched NAC Breda v Groningen on Saturday. NAC won 2-1 (first win of the season) with Angelino, Manu Garcia, Ambrose, Agyepong and Pablo Mari all playing (I think Fernandes is injured).

I thought Angelino was probably their best player going forwards and got an assist for the first goal, although he was culpable for not reacting quickly enough to a run in behind for Groningen's goal. He looked absolutely rapid breaking out from defence which is something I hadn't really associated with him before.

Manu Garcia looked good on the ball as you'd expect, but didn't have much impact on the game - he's been shunted out to the left to accommodate other signings and doesn't look as effective there. A shame because from what I watched last season he was their best player playing as a 10.

Ambrose was ok - put a big shift in but didn't get much service. He's already scored a few over there though so going reasonably well for him.

Agyepong is quick and direct but runs into a lot of blind alleys and often doesn't pick the right pass. Decent threat on the counter though.

Mari has apparently been pants in the first few games but looked fairly solid last night.

Incidentally, James Horsfield came on for the last 5 or so minutes. He's actually started the last few games for Breda because their first choice right back has been injured but he's lost his place to a defensive mid filling in at right back. He's apparently been extremely shaky when he's played this season - I wonder whether Eredivisie might be a level too high for him at this stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.