Champions League Draw (Shakhtar, Napoli, Feyenoord)

Anyone know if this game is selling well ?? Also are we expecting much away support . Cheers

Anyone know if this game is selling well ?? Also are we expecting much away support . Cheers

It will be about 35000. Loads of seats left.

When we play Feyenoord, tickets are £40. I can see that being under 30,000. If we cant sell Shakhtar for £20 a ticket how we gonna sell Napoli and Feyenoord at £40?

Just have to face it, the Champions League doesn't attract our fans.

When we play Feyenoord, tickets are £40. I can see that being under 30,000. If we cant sell Shakhtar for £20 a ticket how we gonna sell Napoli and Feyenoord at £40?

Perhaps the rags have got it right forcing fans to attend.

I agree for some reason the blues just don't get into the CL , the price is good so no price issue, the club don't seem to push sales either .. for the Burton game my pals even had phone calls off utd

I agree for some reason the blues just don't get into the CL , the price is good so no price issue, the club don't seem to push sales either .. for the Burton game my pals even had phone calls off utd

Not sure how you've managed to avoid the adverts for the game. They're everywhere!

Not quite sure on the figures you're coming up with. We usually get over 40k, and closer to 45k, for the average group game, with sell outs in the bigger ties.

The BM game last season, which was rearranged at a days notice, had close to 35k in attendance from 44k tickets sold. Even that is around or above your predicted figures for this season. My ticket for Napoli was also £25 and not £40 as stated by yourself.

The 'Champions League not attracting our fans' doesn't quite ring true either. The truth is that a lot of City fans have never bothered with mid week cup games, for any competition, which means our crowds are significantly below what we get in the league. In fact the only mid week (non CL) games I recall selling out in the last 25 years were the 2009/10 League Cup quarter final vs Arsenal and the semi against United a few weeks later. League Cup semi's against Liverpool, Everton and West Ham didn't even sell out.

The issue of completely filling the ground isn't CL related. It's about getting fans with season tickets to go to mid week games that aren't included within the season ticket price.

Not quite sure on the figures you're coming up with. We usually get over 40k, and closer to 45k, for the average group game, with sell outs in the bigger ties.

The BM game last season, which was rearranged at a days notice, had close to 35k in attendance from 44k tickets sold. Even that is around or above your predicted figures for this season. My ticket for Napoli was also £25 and not £40 as stated by yourself.

The 'Champions League not attracting our fans' doesn't quite ring true either. The truth is that a lot of City fans have never bothered with mid week cup games, for any competition, which means our crowds are significantly below what we get in the league. In fact the only mid week (non CL) games I recall selling out in the last 25 years were the 2009/10 League Cup quarter final vs Arsenal and the semi against United a few weeks later. League Cup semi's against Liverpool, Everton and West Ham didn't even sell out.

The issue of completely filling the ground isn't CL related. It's about getting fans with season tickets to go to mid week games that aren't included within the season ticket price.
It won't be long before cup tickets can be added at a reduced rate to season tickets imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.