First team experience tour

You're just being awkward and arguing for the sake of it. The things you refer to that you family want to do won't be ridiculously over priced. If this was priced correctly more people would be able to do it.
So it is the club’s responsibility to price everything so that everyone can purchase?

I am all for proper pricing structures but this current trend toward “I deserve to be able to do anything I want and companys should be made to ensure that is possible, regardless if it makes any sense financially” is getting out of hand. Perhaps if we were a company producing a common or necessary good this argument would make sense, but this is sport/entertainment!

As others have said, this is likely not targeted at local families, is not the only CFA tour available, is probably a bid to increase revenue from tourists wanting to have a “premium” experience, and the club can price it at whatever they want (which will either lead to their targeted revenues or will lead to them lowering the price or eliminating the offer entirely if there is poor utilisation).

I can understand why some would think this is a “stupid” offering—they have a freedom to make that known by not purchasing it at that price point. But to say it is “embarrassing” or to rail against the club for it, or say this represents everything wrong with modern football, especially after everything the owners and various leadership teams have done for our club (including investing millions upon millions of pounds into the club and community), is just flabbergasting to me.

Things had to change in order to build the club we have now and things will have to continue to change to continue to progress. The negative comments mostly seem more a resistance to that force than actual concerns about the tour or price.

I know I’ll likely will get lambasted for this opinion but I thought it needed to be said.

Last edited:
So it is the club’s responsibility to price everything so that everyone can purchase?

I am all for proper pricing structures but this current trend toward “I deserve to be able to do anything I want and companys should be made to ensure that is possible, regardless if it makes any sense financially” is getting out of hand.

As others have said, this is likely not targeted at local families, is not the only CFA tour available, is probably a bid to increase revenue from tourists wanting to have a “premium” experience, and the club can price it at whatever they want (which will either lead to their targeted revenues or will lead to them lowering the price or eliminating the offer entirely if there is poor utilisation).

I can understand why some would think this is a “stupid” offering—they have a freedom to make that known by not purchasing it at that price point. But to say it is “embarrassing” or to rail against the club for it, or say this represents everything wrong with modern football, especially after everything the owners and various leadership team have done for our club (including sinking millions upon millions of pounds into the club and community), is just flabbergasting to me.

Things had to change in order to build the club we have now and things will have to continue to change to continue to progress. The negative comments mostly seem more a resistance to that force than actual concerns about the tour or price.

I know I’ll likely will get lambasted for this opinion but I thought it needed to be said.

First of all I didn't use an of the words you have quoted in your 4th paragraph especially that its everything wrong with modern football, what a ridiculous thing to say that would have been.

All I said was this should be priced correctly as in the value of what they are offering. I didn't say the club should price it so everyone can afford it, I'm purely saying this should be priced more reasonably and therefore more people would be likely to go.

I am all for proper pricing structures but this current trend toward “I deserve to be able to do anything I want and companys should be made to ensure that is possible, regardless if it makes any sense financially” is getting out of hand.

I can understand why some would think this is a “stupid” offering—they have a freedom to make that known by not purchasing it at that price point. But to say it is “embarrassing” or to rail against the club for it, or say this represents everything wrong with modern football, especially after everything the owners and various leadership teams have done for our club (including investing millions upon millions of pounds into the club and community), is just flabbergasting to me.

Good post Rich

In a similar vein, I will never be able to afford to go into the stunner Club or pay £200 for this experience. I will be able to afford £17.50 for a Stadium Tour later in the season and that will do me.

First of all I didn't use an of the words you have quoted in your 4th paragraph especially that its everything wrong with modern football, what a ridiculous thing to say that would have been.

All I said was this should be priced correctly as in the value of what they are offering. I didn't say the club should price it so everyone can afford it, I'm purely saying this should be priced more reasonably and therefore more people would be likely to go.
The 4th paragraph wasn’t aimed at you, mate—others earlier on were saying those things so I wanted to speak to that in my general response.

And I fully support your (and others) opinion regarding it being overpriced; I’ll never spend £200 on it, to be sure. Our thoughts may or may not lead to the offering price being changed, per my other comments. I just wanted to address the undertones of many comments that seemed to indicate a sort of entitlement that is pervasive in modern society and, in my opinion, worrisome.

I am all for proper pricing structures but this current trend toward “I deserve to be able to do anything I want and companys should be made to ensure that is possible, regardless if it makes any sense financially” is getting out of hand. Perhaps if we were a company producing a common or necessary good this argument would make sense, but this is sport/entertainment!

Good post

The 4th paragraph wasn’t aimed at you, mate—others earlier on were saying those things so I wanted to speak to that in my general response.

And I fully support your (and others) opinion regarding it being overpriced; I’ll never spend £200 on it, to be sure. Our thoughts may or may not lead to the offering price being changed, per my other comments. I just wanted to address the undertones of many comments that seemed to indicate a sort of entitlement that is pervasive in modern society and, in my opinion, worrisome.

Okay, fair enough.

I stand by my comment of embarrassing @SebastianBlue . How do they even start justifying a price increase to £200 from £23.50??... Even the legends tour with booth and barnes is a tenner more expensive and you meet some proper blue players. I can look at this from both stances of city trying to build a premium fanbase with deep pockets as someone put it earlier and of course the massive mark up in revenue streams from this experience. (a family of 5 = £1k - 43 or so others @ 23.50 = 1k.) But just what is the real difference? Chappie, food, extra access..do they all amount to £175 odd difference? I havent done the tour in a few years and i know it has changed a lot for the better but looking at both tours, i just dont see it.

Yes the transformation of East Manchester, the stadium, the players and the whole experience has been brilliant over the last 10 years but introducing these divides is just another small step around the club to segregate fans and the options available to them. Of course i am thankfully that Sheikh Mansour has done to the club were many other clubs have failed but im wary that more and more the common fan is priced out. As oxfam put it wealth of the richest 1% is equal to the other 99%. Imagine some young fan on the regular tour seeing others getting even closer access to the players and wondering why he cant...

Lets face facts the club is geared up for 2 sets of supporters .on one hand we have fans who go straight to the game dont buy anything from the super store or from the bars and they will shop around for the best price ticket or season ticket .
Then we have fans who want the best of everything .best seats best lounge best .boxes and last but not least there are fans who will pay a fortune for the tunnle club.
As long as the club look after the grass route fans it doesnt bother me if people want to pay a small fortune for what they believe is a better experience .whether we like it or not this is the future of modern day football

I stand by my comment of embarrassing @SebastianBlue . How do they even start justifying a price increase to £200 from £23.50??... Even the legends tour with booth and barnes is a tenner more expensive and you meet some proper blue players. I can look at this from both stances of city trying to build a premium fanbase with deep pockets as someone put it earlier and of course the massive mark up in revenue streams from this experience. (a family of 5 = £1k - 43 or so others @ 23.50 = 1k.) But just what is the real difference? Chappie, food, extra access..do they all amount to £175 odd difference? I havent done the tour in a few years and i know it has changed a lot for the better but looking at both tours, i just dont see it.

Yes the transformation of East Manchester, the stadium, the players and the whole experience has been brilliant over the last 10 years but introducing these divides is just another small step around the club to segregate fans and the options available to them. Of course i am thankfully that Sheikh Mansour has done to the club were many other clubs have failed but im wary that more and more the common fan is priced out. As oxfam put it wealth of the richest 1% is equal to the other 99%. Imagine some young fan on the regular tour seeing others getting even closer access to the players and wondering why he cant...
I understand your concerns (and actually volunteer for several NGOs working to address/mitigate outcomes related to them, so share your passion for fighting against the wealth gap) but the “common fan” has many other free or reasonably priced opportunities to meet the players and staff throughout the year, as well, do they not? That’s not even including City Centre and the season kickoff festivities. I’ve been to quite a few myself (before and after the takeover), though, admittedly I haven’t had the opportunity in the last few years after moving to the states (I have been to quite a few matches over that time, just not taken in the tours or been able to go to many of the events; I will be attending the Southampton match in November, at no small expense, full disclosure).

Can there not be higher priced (however overpriced you and I may feel it is) “premium” offerings to see if additional revenue can be had from those willing to pay for that experience?

I guess I have not seen the evidence that the “common fan” is truly being priced out; even the ticket prices, which I cannot deny have been rising, do not seem unreasonable to me in the face of the investment committed to the club and community, and the relative pricing of other clubs/similar entertainment sectors. If anything, I honestly believe the club has done quite a lot to keep prices from rising beyond what is reasonable for our core support. I may be moving back to Manchester in about a year, as it turns out, and if I do I plan to get several seasoncards as I have in the past because I think they still represent a very good value (especially in comparison to when I was watching the shite we put out week after week prior to the takeover). That is if they are available, anyway.

All of that is to say: I do not see anything wrong with having multiple “value tiers” for offerings as it could help increase revenue where there are new opportunities for it and allow for functional subsidies of the “higher value” offerings you and I are likely to avail ourselves of.

You're just being awkward and arguing for the sake of it. The things you refer to that you family want to do won't be ridiculously over priced. If this was priced correctly more people would be able to do it.
Thing is, there is an argument to say that the club won't want more people. If £200 is prohibitively expensive enough to ensure that there is a limited demand
for tickets, it might even be said that it is 'correctly' priced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.