We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

In the days of the old Kippax, there were always a group of old codgers standing at the back complaining about everything like...that Neil Young, not a patch on Doherty....bloody get stuck in etc. etc.

In the days of the old Kippax, there were always a group of old codgers standing at the back complaining about everything like...that Neil Young, not a patch on Doherty....bloody get stuck in etc. etc.
So true. We had a fan called Stan near us (he was a legend) who said Bell was not fit to lace Doherty's boots and the atmosphere at Maine Road wasn't a patch on Hyde Road!

I like to think we have an 'intelligent ','informed' fanbase .

You must sit in a different part of the ground to the one I sit in.

Comments from the Everton game:

"Guardiola you f*cking fraud"
"F*ck back off to Spain you arrogant prick"
"Sterling you run like a f*cking <insert homophobic insult here>, you useless tw*t"

And so on. And on.

We do have a negative fanbase compared to others. The likes of Liverpool are deluded into thinking they're still a big, relevant club. We're the opposite. A lot of our fans still can't seem to shrug this 'underdogs' mentality we had for years. Typical City is a thing of the past, yet some of us clutch onto it even still.

One thing I can't understand is how we seem to have loads of fans now. People from abroad, loads more in Manchester walking about with shirts and merchandise on (compared to 15 years ago). Yet more seem to prefer watching the games at home or in the pub... We won't sell out Shaktar. We haven't sold out WBA away etc. Suddenly we have thousands of fans who want to go to Real Madrid in a semi final, where are you during the rest of the season?

I like to think we have an 'intelligent ','informed' rather than brainwashed ,unquestioning fanbase . That distinguished us as fans from others (rags) and yet some now see it as a threat.

I was sat in a different seat saturday. East lower, as I had some friends wanting to see a match.
After 10 mins, about 5 season ticket holders, all middle aged, started calling city players at will. Far from your intelligent fans, Sterling was "shite", among the "greedy bastards" we're Aguero and sane. "Fukin useless" was Otamendi".It went on and on until we scored. Sterling became top of the league. Sane a brilliant crosser etc etc.
And yes I am old enough to remember Neil Young being a "lazy so and so". I guess every club have these fans. I can only conclude it is their way of letting steam off at the end of the week, just wish it wasn't by abusing our players..

"Sterling you run like a f*cking <insert homophobic insult here>, you useless tw*t"

And so on. And on.

In reference to my other post, I must have sat in that exact seat on Saturday, the abuse of our players was as you described.

I was sat in a different seat saturday. East lower, as I had some friends wanting to see a match.
After 10 mins, about 5 season ticket holders, all middle aged, started calling city players at will. Far from your intelligent fans, Sterling was "shite", among the "greedy bastards" we're Aguero and sane. "Fukin useless" was Otamendi".It went on and on until we scored. Sterling became top of the league. Sane a brilliant crosser etc etc.
And yes I am old enough to remember Neil Young being a "lazy so and so". I guess every club have these fans. I can only conclude it is their way of letting steam off at the end of the week, just wish it wasn't by abusing our players..
I was in 102 and had some guy slag off sterling every time he touched the ball. After he scored though like you said, started singing his name.

And so on. And on.
Thats a fucking disgrace,probably the type who thrives on us actually playing poorly or actually losing for the sole reason to complain and be abusive.

I was in 102 and had some guy slag off sterling every time he touched the ball. After he scored though like you said, started singing his name.

After sane scored I turned to one of them and said" lucky he was greedy German bastard then". Repeating his words of two minutes previously.
I probably should have kept my mouth shut as it was a little provocative, but I do feel protective of our players when they are being abused, by our so called supporters. The abuse Sterling received was particularly sad. 53 years I have watched City and in my wildest dreams I never thought I would be watching such a fantastic group of players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.