Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said pre-match vs Palace it was a risk we didn't need to take playing him with 3 games this week ending with a big one at Chelsea. He's currently our most important player to keep fit due to the lack of replacements available if he's missing. It's going to cost us dearly as the season goes on if he's out for a lengthy time. Can only hope we can manage until January and as soon as 1st Jan comes around we've got somebody lined up to come in as we won't win the league with just 1 left back.

Danilo cannot play left back.
He can play there, but he'll be playing much more conservatively, ie concentrating on defending, than Mendy would, which granted is not ideal. I'm thinking perhaps this might spur a return of the 3-5-2 with Sané as wingback. Hopefully with the form he's in that won't be too much of an impediment. Of course, we might very well stick with the 4-3-3 and rely on him and Sterling (or Jesus) for width. Dunno.

Said pre-match vs Palace it was a risk we didn't need to take playing him with 3 games this week ending with a big one at Chelsea. He's currently our most important player to keep fit due to the lack of replacements available if he's missing. It's going to cost us dearly as the season goes on if he's out for a lengthy time. Can only hope we can manage until January and as soon as 1st Jan comes around we've got somebody lined up to come in as we won't win the league with just 1 left back.

Danilo cannot play left back.

agreed, it's either a back 3 or Delph at LB in my opinion.

He is too excitable and not very focused in my opinion,he is only young so fair enough but he didn't need to make the tackle

Your opinion is bollocks. It's ok to be a character. You don't know what he's like before games. You're just basing your suggestion on Social Media which gives you a very limited sample of what somebody is actually like

I've seen it and that still doesn't make any sense?
Just because he likes a laugh with the fans on Twitter, it doesn't make him 'excitable' on the pitch.
He is doing his thinking on social media and taking that to the pitch,calm down and use his head is what he needs to do,he is a really good player but needs to calm down all round IMO

Danillo looks a top player but at lb he hasn't looked convincing..delph God knows if he's a suitable replacement,delps injury record must be one of the worst at the club also...going in to the season with one recongnised left back was stupid,let's hope the injurys not too serious

Your opinion is bollocks. It's ok to be a character. You don't know what he's like before games. You're just basing your suggestion on Social Media which gives you a very limited sample of what somebody is actually like
It may or not be bollocks but it is what it is
Do you think he was right to make the tackle?

He can play there, but he'll be playing much more conservatively, ie concentrating on defending, than Mendy would, which granted is not ideal. I'm thinking perhaps this might spur a return of the 3-5-2 with Sané as wingback. Hopefully with the form he's in that won't be too much of an impediment. Of course, we might very well stick with the 4-3-3 and rely on him and Sterling (or Jesus) for width. Dunno.

Danilo will defend fine but it's the crossing ability in dangerous areas where we'll be hit badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.