Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he'll start Delph tonight and play Danilo on Saturday?
Hopefully. I'd have no concerns about Danilo playing on Saturday at all, looks a very decent player to me and is fine on the left, he's not Mendy and won't do the same type of job but I can't understand people saying he's no good there, he's more than ok IMO. Shakhtar are much better than people think but we should have too much for them at home and it's an ideal game to give Delph a match there.

Are people still peddling the Danilo can't cross on his left boat? He made several on his left foot when playing RB, one of which left to Sterling's goal vs. Bournemouth.

The issue vs. Brighton was the RB, Sané didn't beat him on the outside either when he played there, and he's got a great left foot and pace to burn.

I know it's not this forums usual approach but perhaps give him a few more games at a position before deciding he's shit at it?
Fair post. To clarify my position (including my original post) I feel Danilo is fine at left back, but Mendy's crossing is on another level is all. Danilo is still more than solid when defending and is fine going forward.

Too much negativity being demonstrated here. We scored four of our goals last Saturday after Mendy went off.

Are people still peddling the Danilo can't cross on his left boat? He made several on his left foot when playing RB, one of which left to Sterling's goal vs. Bournemouth.

The issue vs. Brighton was the RB, Sané didn't beat him on the outside either when he played there, and he's got a great left foot and pace to burn.

I know it's not this forums usual approach but perhaps give him a few more games at a position before deciding he's shit at it?
Not seen him cross first time with his left foot , always seems to stop then turns back to cross

I could see Sane at LWB again with 3 at the back.

Preparing to be lynched, but I think he could do it. Pep said he was not ready at the beginning of the season, so maybe that explains some of why he was so bad. Pep has played him there before and so he see's something.

Options are limited, Delph is an out of position reserve midfielder, Danillo is a utility player being played in his weakest utility position so I would be surprised if Pep is not at least

3 at the back (Stones, Ota, Danillo) Sane one WB, Walker the other, B.Silva, Fern and KDB in midfield, Aguero and Jesus up top. My guess but I never get it right

I could see Sane at LWB again with 3 at the back.

Preparing to be lynched, but I think he could do it. Pep said he was not ready at the beginning of the season, so maybe that explains some of why he was so bad. Pep has played him there before and so he see's something.

Options are limited, Delph is an out of position reserve midfielder, Danillo is a utility player being played in his weakest utility position so I would be surprised if Pep is not at least

3 at the back (Stones, Ota, Danillo) Sane one WB, Walker the other, B.Silva, Fern and KDB in midfield, Aguero and Jesus up top. My guess but I never get it right

Sane's in the form of his life, leave him in his best position FFS.

Hopefully. I'd have no concerns about Danilo playing on Saturday at all, looks a very decent player to me and is fine on the left, he's not Mendy and won't do the same type of job but I can't understand people saying he's no good there, he's more than ok IMO. Shakhtar are much better than people think but we should have too much for them at home and it's an ideal game to give Delph a match there.
Exactly. For some reason people think we have to two world class players in every position; the whole point of an understudy is that they aren't quite at the level or the player they are playing second fiddle to.
Doesn't make them incompetent

Time for our Yorkshire Terrier to step up and claim his England slot.

Exactly. For some reason people think we have to two world class players in every position; the whole point of an understudy is that they aren't quite at the level or the player they are playing second fiddle to.
Doesn't make them incompetent
I think arguably he might be better defensively than Mendy but he's not going to bring the same threat to the attack down that side so we just adapt a little. I don't see it as a big drama and against Chelsea it could potentially end up being a bit of a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.