Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding Dong

I heard last night from a reliable source that Kompany is causing major concerns behind the scenes and has suffered another setback. This may not be surprising to many but staff at City have decided that a permanent replacement is URGENTLY needed.
Virgil Van Dyke is being seriously considered as an immediate replacement.(as immediate as Jan anyway obs)
This comes on top of the worry for Mendy as we were already looking for back up. Names mentioned last night were Bertrand, Chillwell and Tierney.But with some of our players already on loan at Celtic it is felt we may have some bargaining power for Tierney.

I heard last night from a reliable source that Kompany is causing major concerns behind the scenes and has suffered another setback. This may not be surprising to many but staff at City have decided that a permanent replacement is URGENTLY needed.
Virgil Van Dyke is being seriously considered as an immediate replacement.(as immediate as Jan anyway obs)
This comes on top of the worry for Mendy as we were already looking for back up. Names mentioned last night were Bertrand, Chillwell and Tierney.But with some of our players already on loan at Celtic it is felt we may have some bargaining power for Tierney.

We should have gone all out for van dijk in the summer, it was a bit naive to think Kompany was going to stay fit. He’s been permanently injured for two years.

Possibly Southampton would be more prepared to sell Van Dijk to City than Liverpool. I think he would be a good fit for us.

I would like to see Tosin get some first team minutes, before January. Not that he would be seen as a replacement for Kompany in the short term. I think a loan for Tosin would be the right option. If not January then certainly for next season.

Would be surprised if Southampton sold us Bertrand in same window as Van Dijk but he is a player, home grown that would fit in at City.

Tierney (LB) for Kompany (CB)?? It will be VVD or Evans

VVD want's to go to Liverpool. They now don't have the Coutinho money & they cannot match us in regards to transfer fee & wages. If VVD want's to force through a move then we are the only viable club.

I think if this is true that could signal the end of his career at City and possibly his playing career as who would take a punt on him? Great shame as for a couple of seasons he was without doubt the best centre half in the world. Let's hope it isn't though and he is back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.