Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't kid yourselves, it'll be 8-9 months rehab and then he has to get fit. He'll be back for the first game of next season.

Done both my ACL's and it's a a horrible rehab. Wish him the best.

No sweat. We scored 7 goals and conceded 0 in his absence so we got to be positive.
Yes we'll miss him but we got delphino, danilo and at a push the mangler so all isn't as bad as it seems, even walker could do a job there.
By his tweets he's saying a couple of months , I'm sure if it was a season ended he'd be tweeting sad face semi colon dot dot season over but he's not.
We got to stay positive plus we got ample cover, masterstroke signing danilo if you ask me.
Twitter will be ruined by benji whilst he's on the sick, big time!!

Isn't this the injury that ended Lake's career ? not career ending now because of the surgery techniques now available

It was, but Swales got Stan Gibson to sort Lakey out when he had a spare hour between forking the pitch and hosing down the bogs

It's an absolutely horrible injury and I wish him all the best in his recovery. Danilo and Delph should carry us through to January just fine and we'll probably buy a left back in January.

Isn't this the injury that ended Lake's career ? not career ending now because of the surgery techniques now available
Gundogan did it and his rehab was managed really well. We go to the best these days, as opposed to Lakeys day. His injury was totally mismanaged. Plenty of players come back fine these days. Even Shearer and the Irish man who wanks off dogs came back and that was years ago now

It is a shame he seems a good lad to have around the squad and this is just our luck. Last season Gundogan when he was looking to be getting settled into the team now Mendy this season. I think he will come back strong. Thank fuck we got Danilo in whoever thinks Delph is our long term replacement for Mendy while out is daft. Danilo will be brought back in during this time.
I hope we can get some sort of back up to give Mendy competition long term. Could Pep move Zinchenko to left back the way we play if Zinchenko has some sort of defensive qualities to his game it might be his chance to show Pep what he can do there.

Need to go for Grimaldo in January if possible

But damn :( This sucks. Looks like Alves really did fuck up the LB plans

Don't kid yourselves, it'll be 8-9 months rehab and then he has to get fit. He'll be back for the first game of next season.

Done both my ACL's and it's a a horrible rehab. Wish him the best.
How could you know, apparently a rupture can be a small tear to a bigger tear. Mendy himself is saying two months he may be optimistic and giving the the shorter time of a window he has been given, but he wouldnt have just made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.