Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame he seems a good lad to have around the squad and this is just our luck. Last season Gundogan when he was looking to be getting settled into the team now Mendy this season. I think he will come back strong. Thank fuck we got Danilo in whoever thinks Delph is our long term replacement for Mendy while out is daft. Danilo will be brought back in during this time.
I hope we can get some sort of back up to give Mendy competition long term. Could Pep move Zinchenko to left back the way we play if Zinchenko has some sort of defensive qualities to his game it might be his chance to show Pep what he can do there.

So you didn't think he was MOTM on Tuesday then?

Season ender. Title decider. Without him we are back to being unbalanced... Big risk taken not to sign another LB and its come back to bite us in the arse now. Big time. Oh well...... Maybe Pep has a plan......

The worse bit of all this. What a bloody unnecessary challenge he went for! Totally not needed. Completely!

I think this means Sane needs to play on the left to give us width which means Jesus and Aguero won't be playing as a front 2 anymore because he won't drop silva or de Bruyne, right side could be any of Bernardo, Sterling and Jesus. Shame because the options were good for Pep.

Well considering i've ruptured my ACL's on both knees, several MRI's, several consultations, hours and hours of research, watched my own surgery and a combined 18 month rehab i'm in a decent position to know. Any damage to an ACL damages the integrity of it. He might also have meniscus damage which is very common with ACL injuries, but very rarely reported in ACL injury announcements. Even if it's a partial tear, every surgeon in the world would advise a sportsman to have a full reconstruction. I had a 25% partial in my right knee and they strongly advised I had a reconstruction. I work in an office and play 5 a side.

It'll be 9 months, i'd love to be wrong but I very much doubt I am unfortunately.

Out of interest how did you do yours. Mendy's the challenge itself was pretty innocuous , does that have any impact on the severity of the tear/rupture or can it be just as bad as something that looks really horrific at the time?

Will this now have a bearing on whether or not we sign Sanchez in Jan? Funds now needed for replacement LB if out for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.