Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How it's done doesn't matter to be honest, impact injuries could damage surrounding cartilage or other parts of the knee but a rupture is a rupture.

For context, I did my first playing football, high pressing the defence just chasing the ball down, changed direction quickly and my body moved but left knee didnt. Pop. I was a good 5 yards away from anyone. Did my right playing five a side, setting myself to volley a ball until a defender got a slight touch which made me adjust my position quickly and leg just gave way completely. That was a 25% tear and radial tear of my lateral meniscus in two places. Zero impact whatsoever on both occasions.

Pro's have much more knee muscle to protect the ligaments which can help but it's a delicate ligament which doesn't heal. Even if it is a partial, he'd be far better taking the time to having it sorted properly and reconstructed rather that suture a small tear together and the ligament never retain it's original limited strength.

That's great insight, thank you.
I guess no time limit or expectation can be put on it. Let's get someone in January and when Mendy returns whenever that will be it will. E like a new signing, an amazing one at that.
At least he'll have company in the treatment room

Wait until Sergio gets his long overdue bad injury....

Seriously though, mendy appears remarkably upbeat and optimistic for someone who may have just found out his season is over and he isn't going to the World Cup

Hopefully it's not as bad as the first news makes it sound, especially with him saying 2 months

I hope his op goes well, and we get better news on Friday. Holding out hope that only a few fibres are torn and he'll recover relatively quickly.

Gutted, especially for him. Time for Delph to step up. I bet he can.

Love the guy but we are scoring plenty with him missing , we look far far better in a 443 with a true defensive orientated 4, Delph was very impressive there and rotating with Danilo I really don’t see a problem tbh if it means Sane starts in a front three, he’s got more than enough going forward on that side, it solidifies the defence for me, Sane is fast becoming unstoppable and we may just have stumbled on our true best formation.

3-1 to City on Saturday

How it's done doesn't matter to be honest, impact injuries could damage surrounding cartilage or other parts of the knee but a rupture is a rupture.

For context, I did my first playing football, high pressing the defence just chasing the ball down, changed direction quickly and my body moved but left knee didnt. Pop. I was a good 5 yards away from anyone. Did my right playing five a side, setting myself to volley a ball until a defender got a slight touch which made me adjust my position quickly and leg just gave way completely. That was a 25% tear and radial tear of my lateral meniscus in two places. Zero impact whatsoever on both occasions.

Pro's have much more knee muscle to protect the ligaments which can help but it's a delicate ligament which doesn't heal. Even if it is a partial, he'd be far better taking the time to having it sorted properly and reconstructed rather that suture a small tear together and the ligament never retain it's original limited strength.

This is 100% spot-on. Partial vs. complete tear doesn't really matter now given he has opted for surgery (which for his long term future is sensible). The recovery period is 6 months very minimum. Very, very unlikely he'll play again this season alas.

Season ender. Title decider. Without him we are back to being unbalanced... Big risk taken not to sign another LB and its come back to bite us in the arse now. Big time. Oh well...... Maybe Pep has a plan......

The worse bit of all this. What a bloody unnecessary challenge he went for! Totally not needed. Completely!

Oh please. Be more subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.