Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he'll play for Belgium, the full 90 minutes too.

Because reasons.

Nah, Pep was pretty clear that he isn't going to play. And Belgium don't really need him either, they've already qualified and they have enough people to cover in his absence.

The two playing there have done ok whilst he has been out so we haven't really missed him. Be interesting to see how they cope with a good side on Saturday.

Our first team is looking a bit inexperienced now though, particularly the forwards.

This is a weird one, I was pretty sure Pep said not long ago that Vinny was training, did I imagine that?? Now it turns out he hasn't trained for a month.

What do you do with a problem like Vinny? Fit and he's still one of the best around and brings a lot in leadership too. But just cannot string a decent run of games together any more. You don't want to get rid of him because of who he is and what he does bring when he plays, but do you want to pay a high wage to someone who is consistently absent, which takes away budget for a more reliable option at CB.
I think the leadership issue will diminish, partly because we have a commanding keeper now and partly through the rise and maturity of Kevin, who surely will be captain one day.

But we have to secure a new CB next summer (Jan if possible though that's unlikely) and not take any more chances

I was pretty sure Pep said not long ago that Vinny was training, did I imagine that?? Now it turns out he hasn't trained for a month.
He said he'd been back on the training pitch (with the physio). What he said today was "he's not trained with us" (first team doing competitive ball work)

Big difference between the two.

He said he'd been back on the training pitch (with the physio). What he said today was "he's not trained with us" (first team doing competitive ball work)

Big difference between the two.

Gotcha. I sense frustration from Pep

Yeah agree. Let's see what Pep says about him and see if he's fit enough for our squad tomorrow.

I hope he is fit and his inclusion with Belgium is based on this but if not, I think Pep might have a few words to say.

Edit: it seems that Kompany is just going for team morale and isn't playing

Last edited:
I hope he is fit and his inclusion with Belgium is based on this but if not, I think Pep might have a few words to say.

Let's hope so. Pep says he's going, will see the doctors and then come straight back to continue his work with our physios. He's not going to sit around the Belgium camp for six days 'for morale'.

Something has happened during the week. From the official twitter feed, he was ahead of Gundogan this time last week...

Yesterday's main man is becoming today's main problem. Personally I would like him to voluntarily call time on his own career and move on. Until he does we are stuck in lottery of will he or won't he be fit that we seldom win.

In short, it's time to call time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.