City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Sorry but the author has offered insight.. you have offered very little of that.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but the links are there, does French football have the viewing figures to justify the money being pumped in by QSI and Bein Sports deals?
To remind you:

It's more ridiculous to deny something doesn't look right at this point, any "tin foil" hat talk now would be pointless.
70% of the French league as PSG’s income accounts for 50% of the French League.

So in reality, PSG aside, you’re talking about 20% of the French League. They make similar amounts to the Prem and Spain, it’s just the income figures are higher and thus percentages are diluted.

The article provides no insight at all.

Because it’s a non story.

Bein Sports also has exclusive rights to the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga so “supports all of those leagues” just as much as it does the French League. That article, other than mentioning the (already in public domain) information about Platini, his son, the WC and French-Qatari trade deals is completely myopic and useless.

Like the article says I think it’s more the level of money that QSI puts into French football that suggests there’ll be a lack of action by UEFA. It’s the indifference between the investments and the source of the money that’s curious. I found it to be an interesting piece, wouldn’t say useless or myopic. Given that the article is published on a small website, it’s fair to say that it’s supposed to be more of a talking point rather than a crusade against Qatar and PSG.

Pep is Andy’s favourite manager and to quote him “I’d pay to watch a Pep team but I only watch Jose because I’m paid to.”

I’m fully signed up to the media anti City agenda but not vis a vis Gray or Bein Sport. The only coverage you can watch and not lose your temper (Keys can be left out of that a little bit as his job is agent provocateur and he doesn’t believe half of the arguments he makes but accepts it’s his job to make them).
As I said I don't have access to the channels so I can only go off clips on youtube on talking points that interest me... maybe I just happened to have seen the worst of him in the clips I watched?

I was under the impression you don't believe there's something up at UEFA in your first reply.

Like the article says I think it’s more the level of money that QSI puts into French football that suggests there’ll be a lack of action by UEFA. It’s the indifference between the investments and the source of the money that’s curious. I found it to be an interesting piece, wouldn’t say useless or myopic. Given that the article is published on a small website, it’s fair to say that it’s supposed to be more of a talking point rather than a crusade against Qatar and PSG.
It’s myopic as if it was a balanced article without an intended target it would mention the figures paid by Bein (which shows football across the MENA region, Canada, USA, France and Spain) to the PL, La Liga and Germany along with France.

70% of the French league as PSG’s income accounts for 50% of the French League.

So in reality, PSG aside, you’re talking about 20% of the French League. They make similar amounts to the Prem and Spain, it’s just the income figures are higher and thus percentages are diluted.

The article provides no insight at all.
Sorry SWP but I'm not taking you word on that... a lot said with nothing to back it up, yet you want me to believe you have more credibility you're just making statements on their own no figures no sources... talk about hypocrisy. Also QSI alone make up that 70% before BEIN(which is a subsidiary) even come into it according to that article... you seem to be focusing on BEIN sports too much(maybe the media bias side point I made was off... that wasn't even something the article suggested) the bigger talking point is the Qatari money and the French links to UEFA.

Last edited:
As I said I don't have access to the channels so I can only go off clips on youtube on talking points that interest me... maybe I just happened to have seen the worst of him in the clips I watched?

I was under the impression you don't believe there's something up at UEFA in your first reply.
I’m sure there’s plenty up with UEFA, but there’s nothing up with the coverage we receive on Bein. I’ve the option to watch BT and Sky as well but choose Bein for two reasons, first I don’t lose my temper swearing at the TV, second is that my wife prefers me to watch as I swear less at the TV.

Sorry SWP but I'm not taking you word on that... a lot said with nothing to back it up, yet you want me to believe you have more credibility you're just making statements on their own no figures no sources... talk about hypocrisy. Also QSI alone make up that 70% before BEIN even come into it according to that article... you seem to be focusing on BEIN sports too much(maybe the media bias side point I made was off... that wasn't even something the article suggested) the bigger talking point is the Qatari money and the French links to UEFA.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/paris-saint-germain-earns-more-093142937.html

Note the percentage is now higher along with PSG’s turnover having increased in that time.

QSI alone don’t make up 70%. You’ve misread the article which states:

Such is the size of this deal, it essentially equates to the Qataris being financially supportive of 70% of the entire French top division

That comes after this:

a TV deal with Ligue 1 was struck by Al-Jazeera, coincidentally also owned by Nasser al-Khelaifi (chairman of QSI and owner of PSG), which further pumped nearly €1 billion into French football, essentially saving the smaller clubs in the league.

So after taking into account PSG’s entire income (through QSI) AND the Bein Sports payments to League 1, 70% comes from Qatari sources.

Ps that 1 billion pumped into French Football is over 3 years and is tiny in comparison with amounts paid by Sky into the Premier League per year (never mind over three years) and smaller still than Bein pay the Premier League for international rights.

It’s myopic as if it was a balanced article without an intended target it would mention the figures paid by Bein (which shows football across the MENA region, Canada, USA, France and Spain) to the PL, La Liga and Germany along with France.

It’s an article about French football and the funding of French football as well as the economic ties that extend between Qatar, France and UEFA.

It’s highlighting the connections between the parties involved and how far QSI (as a conglomerate of Bein, Al Jazeera and PSG et al) have the feet under the table and in so many pies that UEFA wouldn’t want to risk upsetting Khelifa and co.

Also it’s hardly a feature in the independent or from a media outlet with a budget, so you can’t begrudge it being short and sweet rather than over analysing the entire BeIN Sports network’s catalogue of tv deals across every country and sport...

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/paris-saint-germain-earns-more-093142937.html

Note the percentage is now higher along with PSG’s turnover having increased in that time.

QSI alone don’t make up 70%. You’ve misread the article which states:

That comes after this:

So after taking into account PSG’s entire income (through QSI) AND the Bein Sports payments to League 1, 70% comes from Qatari sources.

Ps that 1 billion pumped into French Football is over 3 years and is tiny in comparison with amounts paid by Sky into the Premier League per year (never mind over three years) and smaller still than Bein pay the Premier League for international rights.
The only thing I misread was it was Al-Jazeera(a state funded broadcaster in Qatar)owned by the chairman of QSI Nasser al-Khelaifi(also owns PSG)... the $1billion still equates to making up 70% for the duration of the deal that was struck for Al-Jazeera. I don't understand why it matters how the money is divided out as unfair as it is, that is the revenue which French Football receives and it does seem like artificial inflation. Since it's not QSI essentially that means we can even leave BEIN Sports out of the equation if that's your main beef?

Last edited:
The only thing I misread was it was Al-Jazeera(a state funded broadcaster in Qatar)own by the chairman of QSI Nasser al-Khelaifi... the $1billion still equates to making up 70% for the duration of the deal. I don't understand why it matters how the money is divided out as unfair as it is, that is the revenue which French Football receives and it does seem like artificial inflation. Since it's not QSI essentially that means we can even leave BEIN Sports out of the equation if that's your main beef?
Bein Sports is Al Jazeera mate. It changed its names from Al Jazeera Sport when it moved into the US three or four years ago as it sounded too close to Al-Quieda.

What percentage of the Premier League income is from Sky Sports? It’s not too far behind on percentage terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.