Best "of the moment" chants

"We want the dog back"

It was shit night match at Maine Road, briefly enlivened by a dog running on the pitch, getting chased and eventually caught. After a few more minutes of dire football the chant went up from the Kippax. "We want the dog back"

'Stevie Bruce is the elephant man' also a favourite of mine at Wigan when they had that shit music playing when they scored

This thread is fantastic - thanks for starting it OP.

The 2 games where I have laughed the most were the Arsenal game at Maine Road where they leathered us. Joe Royle could have taken real abuse from us that night but instead in 'typical City' style - the crowd just sang funny songs all night and took the mickey out of ourselves. I remember after one chant of boring boring Arsenal - even Wenger was laughing & applauding us!

The other was the Alan game - so many funny chants the poor guy was bemused by it all
Chants can be so cruel - but sometimes the crueler they are the funnier they are too.......

Playing at Oldham towards the end of the season the pitch was a mess and covered on sand. We were battering them 5-2 I think when there was a shout of 'only donkeys play on sand'. Even had Rodger Palmer laughing who was playing for them.

"You're the pride of Singapore"

""Are you watching Macclesfield" as reality dawned in the last few minutes away at Stoke

"Ne ne ne ne click click ne ne ne click click" to the tune of the Addams Family as Dave Beasant came out towards us (away at Southampton if memory serves me right"

It was a pre-season game at The Etihad, against either Athletico Madrid or Sevilla. Their substitutes were warming up in pairs, swinging their legs and doing high kicks which looked like they were doing the Can Can, when the block I was in started singing The Hokey Cokey bang in time with their routine.. Even their players were pissing themselves laughing... :-)

I think my all time favourites were singing 'You're just a shit Michael Jackson' to Nani during the derby, & my all time favourite 'Alan'! Lol I'll never forget the look of bemusement on his face when he looked over at us wondering what the fuck was going on! :-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.