Kaka to City article

Amazing how things happen. Looking back on the other January 2009 signings. Wayne Bridge and Craig Bellamy each played for a season and a half for us and was mediocre at best. De Jong was good for us for the two and a half seasons with the club. Shay Given was decent but eventually lost out to Hart.

So none of the January transfers lasted longer than two and a half seasons with the club and only De Jong was a consistent choice for that time. Kaka would have been more of the same. Since he left Milan, he only has one thing, a world recognized name. He isn't even one of the better midfielders in MLS.
Bit harsh on Bellamy..i thought he was brilliant for us In his time here,cracking player always gave 100% too,was gutted the way he left us with the mancini fallout.think we signed Ballotelli as his replacement pretty much if I remember right.

Bellamy, mediocre? He was a great player for us until Bobby froze him out. Bridge on the other hand...

I made a mistake in my post. While I made that message about Bridge while looking up the names from 2009 January window. I had written the Bridge played for a season and a half and was mediocre at best. Then when I realized that Bellamy had the same time frame, I just added him not thinking about the after statement of mediocrity.

To be honest though, I never rated Bellamy as highly as others did. I view him similarly to Nasri in that he was skilled but there was always something missing that I couldn't put my finger on.

One of the players of his generation. Imagine him injury free along with David Silva in midfield.

Personally don't think he would have been great over here, he didn't exactly work wonders at Real, when he joined them, did he? Maybe my memory is not so good on that.

Great player, but not really sure he'd have cut it in the Premier League.

Thanks for posting, seems like he regrets it. Was never that arsed if he did or did not come personally. Seeing how after he fell of a cliff i was happy we stayed away.
Quite clear he regrets it.

I think the attempt to sign him was as much about publicity as it was football. If you look back to the day the takeover happened that Arab that was shouting his mouth off to the world about us buying every tom dick and harry, then appointing Garry Cook who was very outspoken, then signing Tevez and the welcome to Manchester poster.

All of it imho, very carefully planned by our owners to put us on the world stage.

I think the attempt to sign him was as much about publicity as it was football. If you look back to the day the takeover happened that Arab that was shouting his mouth off to the world about us buying every tom dick and harry, then appointing Garry Cook who was very outspoken, then signing Tevez and the welcome to Manchester poster.

All of it imho, very carefully planned by our owners to put us on the world stage.

Yep. The Robinho signing didn't work out that well in footballing terms, but goodness me it made the footballing world sit up. Probably a success in the bigger picture.

Would have been identical to Robinho, to be honest. Started brightly, occasionally show glimpses of brilliance but ultimately quickly fade away, not enjoying his football in England. Bullet dodged.

Bellemy mediocre - that’s ridiculously harsh. Was a good signing for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.