U17 WC Final England v Spain 28th 1530 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely believe we will have a very good national senior team in 4 or 5 years.

If it was allowed to develop naturally & players picked purely on merit.

We have already seen, with Pat Roberts, there is another agenda. Bothroyd saying Roberts was left out because he hasn't played enough & then that Harrison has scored more & has more assists!

Clearly, that's bullshit. Something else is behind it.

Maybe the guy who scouted Harrison is a mate of Bothroyds or the MLS having a player in the England team is desirable, whatever.

There is always an agenda with England & always will be.

If the best 11 English players played for City, only half of them would play for England. There has to be Utd, Liverpool & Spurs players involved.

If it was allowed to develop naturally & players picked purely on merit.

We have already seen, with Pat Roberts, there is another agenda. Bothroyd saying Roberts was left out because he hasn't played enough & then that Harrison has scored more & has more assists!

Clearly, that's bullshit. Something else is behind it.

Maybe the guy who scouted Harrison is a mate of Bothroyds or the MLS having a player in the England team is desirable, whatever.

There is always an agenda with England & always will be.

If the best 11 English players played for City, only half of them would play for England. There has to be Utd, Liverpool & Spurs players involved.

maybe Roberts should have been ambitious and as asked and gone to Southampton or Nice and shone, and made waves. Instead, he's gone to Celtic and most people probably wonder if he still exists. He chose that path, no sympathy.

I genuinely believe we will have a very good national senior team in 4 or 5 years.

I can't share your optimism about that. The FA will always insist on including players from their favoured teams, Rags, Dippers, Spurs etc which will always take precedence over players from other clubs, and therefore restrict their progression.

Appealing to the fuckwit fans of their pet clubs is in the FA dna.

He would see them in those positions, they don't see him.

He is better. He was trying to do it himself at the end, to get on the scoresheet.
I think they could see him just fine. They looked him off in promising positions several times (as I was watching to see if they did), even passing to offside players instead of laying it off to him, which I imagine was part of his frustration.

I don’t think he was trying too much toward the end as he was still doing one touch layoffs right up until he won that freekick in the last minute (he should drive in to their box every now and then in his position for tactical reasons, anyway).

I can't share your optimism about that. The FA will always insist on including players from their favoured teams, Rags, Dippers, Spurs etc which will always take precedence over players from other clubs, and therefore restrict their progression.

Appealing to the fuckwit fans of their pet clubs is in the FA dna.

Spot on and why we will unlikely win nowt in the next 100 years.

How good would it be if this core of players play together and move up to u21 then first team as a group of players who know each other so well. Scum player has half decent game in the first team squad it’s a joke and it’s looking like Rashford all be it a good player will be an England player till he retires.

maybe Roberts should have been ambitious and as asked and gone to Southampton or Nice and shone, and made waves. Instead, he's gone to Celtic and most people probably wonder if he still exists. He chose that path, no sympathy.

Don't give a flying fuck about 'sympathy' we are talking about England & future development.

The manager knows exactly who he is & has left him out. Imo for reasons fuck all to do with his football ability. He is a better player, currently, than Jack Harrison & playing better, in a better team, at a higher level than him & indeed many of those selected.

The excuse given for leaving him out, is a lie & typical of the shit way England operate & are likely to continue doing.

Foden is just as likely to get the same kind of treatment & be downgraded compared to inferior others, just has Sterling does now

Don't give a flying fuck about 'sympathy' we are talking about England & future development.

The manager knows exactly who he is & has left him out. Imo for reasons fuck all to do with his football ability. He is a better player, currently, than Jack Harrison & playing better, in a better team, at a higher level than him & indeed many of those selected.

The excuse given for leaving him out, is a lie & typical of the shit way England operate & are likely to continue doing.

Foden is just as likely to get the same kind of treatment & be downgraded compared to inferior others, just has Sterling does now

by that logic Roberts would be in a star in that side since he blatantly disregarded best practice and turned his nose up at City to have a nice time in Glasgow pissing about instead.

Turning your nose up at City will be considered a badge of honour at the FA.

by that logic Roberts would be in a star in that side since he blatantly disregarded best practice and turned his nose up at City to have a nice time in Glasgow pissing about instead.

Turning your nose up at City will be considered a badge of honour at the FA.

He's playing in the Champions League.

He wouldn't be, at City.

It's irrelevant. I'm talking about England. He hasn't been left out on ability or because of the level he plays at, or because he hasn't played enough games, he's been left out because it's England & there is always something going on under the surface.

He's playing in the Champions League.

He wouldn't be, at City.

It's irrelevant. I'm talking about England. He hasn't been left out on ability or because of the level he plays at, or because he hasn't played enough games, he's been left out because it's England & there is always something going on under the surface.

He'll lose in the Champions League for the autumn and beat Europa league level Anderlecht, and then play 38 games against the dog and duck.

Instead, he could have taken a career move and played 38 games in the PL, proved himself consistently at a high level instead of getting thrashed at it and then made an inarguable case.

He went up to Scotland for a nice, easy life and gave everyone an excuse to forget about him. His loss. He played politics, and now he can sit in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.