Sunday Supplement 17/18

Is it Shreeves every week now? Thought it was just Ashton was off watching England, but noticed Shreeves said See you next week or similar at the end.

I'm more of a Minnie Caldwell man myself. Now that's what I call a real woman.
Now here's a story. I knew quite a few of the cast back then as quite a few lived near us and some were clients of my dad so we often used to go in to watch rehearsals. Eileen Derbyshire (Ollie Holt's mum) married relatively late in life and her husband was quite a bit older than her. She got pregnant the year after she got married and came in really excited to announce the news of Ollie's impending arrival to her fellow cast members. Of course most were delighted for her, apart from the actress who played Minnie Caldwell, who could be a bit tactless by all accounts (whereas Violet Carson who played the sharp-tongued Ena Sharples was one of the nicest people you could hope to meet).

Apparently she said to Eileen Derbyshire "Don't you think you're a bit old for that sort of thing?" which upset her quite a bit.

Last edited:
Now here's a story. I knew quite a few of the cast back then as quite a few lived near us and some were clients of my dad so we often used to go in to watch rehearsals. Eileen Derbyshire (Ollie Holt's mum) married relatively late in life and her husband was quite a bit older than her. She got pregnant the year after she got married and came in really excited to announce the news of Ollie's impending arrival to her fellow cast members. Of course most were delighted for her, apart from the actress who played Minnie Caldwell, who could be a bit tactless by all accounts (whereas Violet Carson who played the sharp-tongued Ena Sharples was one of the nicest people you could hope to meet).

Apparently she said to Eileen Derbyshire "Don't you think you're a bit old for that sort of thing?" which upset her quite a bit.
Wow, that was pretty nasty.
I wondered if the actress who played Minnie Caldwell was a mother, herself. Rightly or wrongly, I couldn't help suspecting that she wasn't.
So, I decided to Google it. Her name was Margot Bryant and according to Wiki, she "never married or had any children".

Human nature can be a petty, hurtful thing.

Anyway! Back on topic: Sunday Supplement? People paid, wined and dined to watch football, opinionate and talk about it..?
Must be bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.