City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Bein Sports is Al Jazeera mate. It changed its names from Al Jazeera Sport when it moved into the US three or four years ago as it sounded too close to Al-Quieda.
Haha Al-Quieda, fair enough I didn't know that. So is the only thing that changed the name? Or are they now part of QSI where they didn't used to be? Otherwise was the owner referenced as the chairman of QSI rather than QSI itself.
What percentage of the Premier League income is from Sky Sports? It’s not too far behind on percentage terms.
Isn't Sky Sports UK based in Britain, self sustaining and not a Qatari state funded broadcaster more importantly? That's without going into the viewing figures, competition between broadcasters natively and abroad which drives the PL revenue up.

Haha Al-Quieda, fair enough I didn't know that. So is the only thing that changed the name? Or are they now part of QSI where they didn't used to be? Otherwise was the owner referenced as the chairman of QSI rather than QSI itself.

Isn't Sky Sports UK based in Britain, self sustaining and not a Qatari state funded broadcaster more importantly? That's without going into the viewing figures, competition between broadcasters natively and abroad which drives the PL revenue up.
Yes, name change is all. I can understand the confusion sorry. One week I was paying for Al Jazeera the next week it changed to Bein Sport.

Sky is UK based yes but Bein Sport shows the live games in France. It’s like ESPN or Fox Sport coming into the UK. Canal Plus were pissed off as they had a virtual monopoly on French Football before.

Bein Sport is state funded like Etihad is mate. It’s simply the way Emirates do business. Bein and QSI make all the same noises about PSG and Franc that ADUG and Etihad make about City. (Etihad wasn’t self sustaining when they sponsored us and Bein are agressicely investing to move into new territories)

I’m not having a go at you at all, but we see similar stories about City as we do PSG and a huge amount of it is bluster these days. But I agree wholeheartedly that Qatar 2022, The airbus deal, the French fighter deal, PSG purchase and Platini are all linked but that’s been known for a while.

Last edited:
Yes, name change is all. I can understand the confusion sorry. One week I was paying for Al Jazeera the next week it changed to Bein Sport.

Sky is UK based yes but Bein Sport shows the live games in France. It’s like ESPN or Fox Sport coming into the UK. Canal Plus were pissed off as they had a virtual monopoly on French Football before.

Bein Sport is state funded like Etihad is mate. It’s simply the way Emirates do business. Bein and QSI make all the same noises about PSG and Franc that ADUG and Etihad make about City.

I’m not having a go at you at all, but we see similar stories about City as we do PSG and a huge amount of it is bluster these days. But I agree wholeheartedly that Qatar 2022, The airbus deal, the French fighter deal, PSG purchase and Platini are all linked but that’s been known for a while.

Yes it may seem hypocritical of us to point some of this out but we seem to get all the stick and we have no ties to UEFA... the good thing out this is I don't think even if UEFA wanted to do us over, they could do it without PSG being called into question and perhaps a FIFA style investigation from the outside into UEFA itself.

People do criticise our Etihad and ADUG links but there's nothing artificial about our revenue(the money, the crowds were always there in the PL as far as the investment comparison goes). If people bothered to compare, our sponsorship pales in comparison to most of the clubs pointing their fingers at us... we're actually offering great value to Etihad considering our position and viewing figures from what I've seen. I think we'll be watched even more this season thanks to Pep, we are playing beautiful football and people enjoy watching us play, even if they don't call themselves fans it's a positive thing(for sponsors rather than the kit makers perhaps).

To be fair we've managed to have a proper conversation here in the end so no explanations necessary.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.