Ghoulam

City eyeing cut-price £3m January deal for Napoli FB Faouzi Ghoulam. He will be offered around £90k-a-week and hefty signing-on bonus. [Sun]

haha 3m, definitely false.

We should pay 10m if necessary, a bargain and will most likely be the key to our title charge.

I don't know anything about him but the article says that he's one of the best left backs around.
So how come he would cost so little?

Out of contract in the summer and is not planning on renewing, Napoli likely to cash in.

We should be wary of these rumours as they come from The Daily Star, backed up by web sites Caughtoffside and the Bleacher Report. What is reported is that his contract expires in the summer and that makes him free to talk to other clubs in January. It is reported that City are to offer him £90k per week plus a "Healthy sign-on fee". He also wants to move away from Napoli to test himself as a member of a title chasing team like ours. Other than that, I'm as in the dark as the rest of us but his stats are reported to be the kind that impresses Pep. He will soon have the chance to sell himself to our fans.

Isn't 10 mill still ridiculously cheap though if he's that good?

Not really. No other club would pay close to that in January.

We are desperate and Delph is injury prone, Mendy out until April. I would say the price is more than fair. I mean he is a left back. Nobody is going to pay 20m for a left back that is out of contract in 6 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.