friends who support united

The term "Rag mate" is an oxymoron. That means that they're a waste of oxygen and a load of morons.

A few of my close mates are Utd fans.
We try not to discuss each others teams as we are never going to agree with each other so we tend to just discuss general football rather than our clubs.

Took us many years though to get to this point. Many silly rows and fall outs but that's what beer and supporting rival teams creates.

In general they are great lads but it does make me think how can educated, normal people be so misguided and want to follow such a horrible club. Takes all sorts I suppose. We all have our faults. Just that they have a huge big fault.

I have a long standing rag friend and we have come to a well established protocol over the years.

When United are successful and City are shit he won't mention it.

Likewise, when City are successful and United are shit, I rip into him all guns blazing.

I have a long standing rag friend and we have come to a well established protocol over the years.

When United are successful and City are shit he won't mention it.

Likewise, when City are successful and United are shit, I rip into him all guns blazing.

I have a very similar protocol when it comes to the sport of football, C. When yer lose it's only a game; when yer win, yer milk it for all it's worth.

My dad is a rag. He hated his father who was an Arsenal fan (he was a cockney seaman and beat him daily) so I think my dad deliberately chose United to distance himself from him. I chose City cos everyone I knew either supported united of the dippers and even when I was young there seemed to be a ‘sheep’ thing going on. Plus I was blonde and a left winger and wanted to be Peter Barnes :-)

My dad accepted my choice and would take me to City games and cheer with me. He also took me to United games and I would cheer with him. It was never an issue and he never took the piss when we were struggling and they were winning everything.

Then I had a son and u guessed it - he chose the rags. It made me realise what a top bloke my dad was cos I would have to take my son to the swamp and (try to) cheer with him.

I suppose sometimes u have to tell yourself it’s just a game and people are more important....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.