All is not tickety - boo at Bayern

As an 1860 season ticket holder I am enjoying every minute of their discomfort ,although watching 4th division regional football ain't much fun.

1860 have sunk that low?

I know things haven’t been going well for die Löwen, but I didn’t realise it had got that bad

essen mein scheisse, Schatz!

quote-a-german-joke-is-no-laughing-matter-mark-twain-122-21-27.jpg

1860 were relegated out of Bundesliga 2 last season. They only survived the season before by winning on the last day of the season. They no longer ground share with Bayern and their part ownership of the Allianz was bought out by Bayern many seasons ago. 1860 were as good as bankrupt and have had to do 'a Rangers' and start again, this time in the lowest of possible divisions. They are unlikely to get back into the Bundesliga for many a year.

1860 were relegated out of Bundesliga 2 last season. They only survived the season before by winning on the last day of the season. They no longer ground share with Bayern and their part ownership of the Allianz was bought out by Bayern many seasons ago. 1860 were as good as bankrupt and have had to do 'a Rangers' and start again, this time in the lowest of possible divisions. They are unlikely to get back into the Bundesliga for many a year.
Wow

I thought they were one of the traditional top flight teams over there?

They were one of the founding members of the Bundesliga in 1963, unlike their now more illustrious city neighbours, but gradually the fortunes of the two clubs have gone is vastly different directions.

It’s very sad to see the state 1860 is in.

Didn't expect that. Great manager (clearly) and one they'll win at least the league with this season but the man's 72, I didn't think he'd manage again after retiring.
No guarantee they’ll win the league with him. They only won one time in his previous three seasons at the club.

No guarantee they’ll win the league with him. They only won one time in his previous three seasons at the club.
True, but these days Dortmund are a bit worse- despite a good start, they may or may not be able to sustain it- and, thanks to Pep, Bayern are a lot stronger (under the right manager).

1860 have sunk that low?

I know things haven’t been going well for die Löwen, but I didn’t realise it had got that bad

It went really downhill when they sold themselves to a Sheikh... - from then on it was a daily comedy show - at the end he did not want to pay the money for the 3rd league as he thought he can take over when they would go fully amateur as the DFL rules do not count then - against the will of the club. But bavarian football law, that is doing the rules for bavarian amateur clubs, does prevent that, too.

They have now the chance for a new start - even if it is league four. Actually it is what a lot of their members wished for as the situation before was not bearable anymore. They are already ahead 12 points (one match more) and probably play 3rd league next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.