Last Film You Saw

Watched one last night called Better Watch Out, mad film, christmas tongue in cheek horror

I thought it was awful but missus loved it

Blade Runner 2049. Film Noir at it's very best showing a dystopian nightmare of a future. It should sweep the Oscars for best Director, Cinematrography and Music probably both Best Supporting actor Oscars too. Slow but it has a plot and excellent Film Noir is never speedy - it doesn't feel long either (always a good sign).
Best Sci-fi film for years and years - a true masterpiece, and yes, IMO, better than the original or any of the re-cuts.
9.5 / 10
Interestingly, most of the first post-credit scene was originally scheduled to be part iof the first film but was dropped as it didn't fit with Deckard having "retired" due to having had enough of the slaughter.

Last edited:
Thanks - yes I think you are right, although I've no idea what the difference is between the Diretor's Cut and the Final Cut. All I know is that the cinema version with the Harrison Ford voiceover has a critical scene missing.
Yes. Deckard finding the Oregami animal outside his door as he flees with Rachel. The final cut also has more frames leaning to Deckard possibly being a replicant himself - including the unicorn dream. I can't think he can be a replicant in 2049 if a replicant having a child breaks down the barriers between species. I guess one would have to ask Ridley Scott for the answer as Blade Runner was only based on the Philip K. Dick Novel - in which Deckard isn't an android and also owns an android goat.
https://movies.stackexchange.com/qu...ween-the-alternative-versions-of-blade-runner

Last edited:
Black tower.

A solid 8/10 for me don’t know if it was all the negative write up and what been said on here. It had me from the start to the end.

Yes. Deckard finding the Oregami animal outside his door as he flees with Rachel. The final cut also has more frames leaning to Deckard possibly being a replicant himself - including the unicorn dream. I can't think he can be a replicant in 2049 if a replicant having a child breaks down the barriers between species. I guess one would have to ask Ridley Scott for the answer as Blade Runner was only based on the Philip K. Dick story.
https://movies.stackexchange.com/qu...ween-the-alternative-versions-of-blade-runner
I can answer that directly. Scott definitely intended Deckard to be a replicant. He's on record saying it. But bizarrely - REALLY, staggeringly bizarrely - he had never read the book when he shot the film. He said he just couldn't get into it. How bonkers is that??!!

*** Spoiler Alert - Do not read on ****

In the new film, it's actually slightly more ambiguous, although I think the strong implication is that he is.

Your reasoning why he can't be is flawed. K's boss doesn't know the father is a replicant. And Wallace wants the daughter because he wants to make replicants who can reproduce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.