The biggest game you missed.

qpr. saw match in town though but will always regret not being at the game to my dying breath. been watching city since 1967 and missed the most important game in city's history. still pissed off about it now.
I personally know ten people that walked at 2-1 and didn't see the glorious outcome, far worse. oh idiots!

Hudders 10-1. Only game missed that season due to a weekend in wales with my girlfriend. Asked a local taff how we had done and thought he was taking the piss...wasnt until hours later i had it confirmed.

Blackburn away. Can’t remember why I couldn’t go, but I watched it in the now defunct Terry Neill sports bar in High Holborn in London. Missed the Goat’s equaliser as well cos I went for a wizz. Came back upstairs to find the bar, which was full of Blues, bouncing!
In direct contrast to “Chris in London” I also missed the Huddersfield game, but in my case it was because I went back home to Exeter for the weekend from university oop North. I think it was the only home game I missed all season as well!
Also missed the crucial Everton away game in the 2014 run in, cos Mrs Exeter had booked me a “surprise” trip to Venice for my 50th. I fell on my sword well and truly that weekend, cos as well as having to give my ticket away, I heroically sacrificed watching it on TV out there as well, cos I knew I’d be in a vile mood if we lost, and it would spoil the weekend. Turned the phone back on later that evening in St Mark’s Square and did a one man happy dance as the texts dropped in!

Last edited:
Me too. Home from uni for a weekend and our kid asks me if I wanted to go to the game with him. I said I had too much on.

Big mistake. Huge.

I decided to go on a weekend piss up to Sheffield with a few mates, stopping at the house of another mate who was at Sheffield poly

Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when

Man City 10 (ten) Huddersfield 1

Came up on the final score Tele printer

Only home match I missed all season

Easy one for me, the title-clincher at Newcastle in 1968. I was 13 so my parents wouldn't allow me to travel on my own and my dad was working on the Saturday morning. We didn't have a phone at the time and I found out on the Monday that a work colleague of my mum's had a spare place in his car but couldn't contact us on Friday night to offer me the lift. Talk about pissed off! And yes it still hurts!

I decided to go on a weekend piss up to Sheffield with a few mates, stopping at the house of another mate who was at Sheffield poly

Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when

Man City 10 (ten) Huddersfield 1

Came up on the final score Tele printer

Only home match I missed all season

Did you pull?

I personally know ten people that walked at 2-1 and didn't see the glorious outcome, far worse. oh idiots!

True story...I know an old fella who gave his son his ticket cos he’d seen us win the league in 68. He watched it in Mary d’s but at 2-1 couldn’t take any more and left to walk to town

When he got near Piccadilly he says there was a young bloke sat on the pavement outside a boozer crying his eyes out. He went up to him to try and console him and said “Don’t worry we’ll win it next year”. The lad looked at him and said “what u on about, we’ve just won it this year.. we’re the champions of England”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.