The biggest game you missed.

I was 11 and a City were in the quarter-final of the FA Cup and were facing a home replay against Everton. I did not know it at the time, but my dad had secured a couple of tickets to the game for me and him (he wasn't nearly as bitter towards City in those days).

Then fate intervened.

A couple of days before the game the headmaster summonsed my mum into school to talk about my disruptive and attention seeking behaviour, following which, as a (cruel and unusual) punishment I was simultaneously made aware of the existence of the ticket and the fact it was being denied to me.That probably explains the extent of my football supporting recalcitrance going forward. If mum had got the call a couple of days later, it would have been a different story, of course, but thems the breaks

I've heard that, atmosphere wise, it was one if the great Maine Road nights and I simply would have loved to be there. It's one game I've always been upset about not attending, but sometimes life deals you a particular hand and you've got to live with it.

On the plus side, I've not engaged in any disruptive or attention seeking behaviour ever since.....

Mods! GDM's account has been hacked.

Again.

My brother was an international sailor at youth level and missed both the QPR game and the Arsenal 6-3 because he was at sea.

The 4-0 against the rags at the Etihad, lay on the sofa after an op to have some teeth out and missed one of the best derby goals and celebrations SWP's corker and his robot afterwards
Every game since the Stuart Pearce and 10 home league goals season, although I was back home for Robinho away at Newcastle

Semi v Rags
1-0 Kompany v Rags

Only time since 1946 my old fella hasn't been Wembley we've played there was Gillingham 99

I remember the 53 buses from Gorton stopped running due to the weather, so we all started sprinting down kirkemsulme lane towards Maine rd,it was well worth it.50 year's ago in December wow.
We were in Newton Heath so couldnt do that. Stood on daisy bank corner waiting for the 25 or the 76 bus.neither turned up. :(

Missing the Stoke FA Cup win was gut-wrenching (I was on a mountain climb), but then missing the title winner against QPR the next year was even worse. Tried to make up for it by going to the the Wigan Cup Final the year after that...

Made it to the Wigan/Gillingham Play-Off games and the FA Cup Semi-Final against Utd at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.