Scottish Guy arrested in Dubai, UAE

No way would I ever go to a place like this, backward, contradictory law that sees this poor sod banged up on what
looks like the say so of some embittered prick. It may have the fancy hotels and glittering shopping centres but the alcohol ban,
plus the thought that looking at somebody sideways can get you convicted of something no civilised country would instigate
in the first place makes it a no no.

No way would I ever go to a place like this, backward, contradictory law that sees this poor sod banged up on what
looks like the say so of some embittered prick. It may have the fancy hotels and glittering shopping centres but the alcohol ban,
plus the thought that looking at somebody sideways can get you convicted of something no civilised country would instigate
in the first place makes it a no no.
There’s no alcohol ban. You’re free to drink it (well £10 a pint) but no alcohol can enter your blood stream as if any shows up at all you can be charged with public drunkenness.

On a side note, the bar in question is a mega busy shit hole popular with large groups and stags/hens etc but it does the most amazing chicken swarmers and burgers throughout the night. Perfect at 2am when you’re illegally bladdered.

There’s no alcohol ban. You’re free to drink it (well £10 a pint) but no alcohol can enter your blood stream as if any shows up at all you can be charged with public drunkenness.

On a side note, the bar in question is a mega busy shit hole popular with large groups and stags/hens etc but it does the most amazing chicken swarmers and burgers throughout the night. Perfect at 2am when you’re illegally bladdered.
You're free to drink it but no alcohol can enter your bloodstream? What're you supposed to do rinse your mouth
out with it like Listerine?
If people are prepared to go to backward, regressive places like this, with these medieval attitudes, then that's up to them
I suppose, but you can't complain if you end up inside for violating these 'Laws.'

You're free to drink it but no alcohol can enter your bloodstream? What're you supposed to do rinse your mouth
out with it like Listerine?
If people are prepared to go to backward, regressive places like this, with these medieval attitudes, then that's up to them
I suppose, but you can't complain if you end up inside for violating these 'Laws.'
As I say, most don’t know about them. As a Brit you’ve a higher chance of being arrested in the UAE than any other country abroad.

As I say, most don’t know about them. As a Brit you’ve a higher chance of being arrested in the UAE than any other country abroad.
So Brits are more ignorant to or not bothered about the laws of countries they visit than citizens of other countries.

So Brits are more ignorant to or not bothered about the laws of countries they visit than citizens of other countries.
No, you can’t read and are casting false aspersions.

Here, I’ll repeat it for you as you didn’t understand obviously:

As a Brit abroad, your more likely to be locked up in the UAE than Thailand or Australia or the US or France or Qatar or South Korea etc etc.

Last edited:
I've only been to Dubai two or three times (plus passing through the airport), but I have to confess I have always felt just slightly uneasy. SWP would know far better than me, but it seems to me that you're basically playing russian roulette albeit with a very large gun cylinder and just the one bullet.

Things can happen entirely outside your control. Say your driving along and a car goes up the back of you, entirely not your fault. If it's any old Joe, probably you'll be OK, but if it happens to be someone related to a royal or anyone connected with them, you're likely in deep shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.