Best "of the moment" chants

Sorry lads, rag kudos coming up, but my dad tells a story of a game at the swamp where there was a bomb scare and a message telling them to evacuate the Stretford end came over the tannoy.

Nobody moved, and then they started singing "we're gonna get our fuc#ing heads blown off".

Funny I thought.

Sorry for demeaning the thread

Sorry lads, rag kudos coming up, but my dad tells a story of a game at the swamp where there was a bomb scare and a message telling them to evacuate the Stretford end came over the tannoy.

Nobody moved, and then they started singing "we're gonna get our fuc#ing heads blown off".

Funny I thought.

shame it didn't happen.

I remember after a derby win about 10 years ago, there was a big crowd of us after the game walking down Grey Mare lane singing City songs when this chubby chavvy teenage girl with long blonde hair and a rag top on appears on the balcony of one of the flats and starts shouting and sticking fingers up at us, so we all start chanting "there's only one Vicky Pollard"

Classic.

Made me laugh that!

The Summerbee one also had 2 more lines

Sha la la la Summerbee
Who the fucking hell is he
The greatest centre forward in history
united 1 and City 3
Georgie Best has got vd

Yes, it's all coming back. And I do believe the "United 1 and City 3" was sung spontaneously when we thrashed the cnuts at the swamp in 1968. One of the most enjoyable matches of all time.

Funny I thought.

We'll let you off this time because it was worth telling, but please don't go thinking you can make a habit of this....

;)

There was a scraggy haired programme seller who looked like he was out of shameless that used to walk around the south stand. Every time he appeared he got "Oh Frankie Frankie. Frankie Frankie Frankie Frankie Gallagher. Make me laugh.

Bolton had a bloke on trial who'd been a 'wonder kid' abroad and then discovered alcohol and recreational drugs or something and gone off the rails. He came on against us at The Etihad wearing proper 80's shorts and ran around like Larry Grayson. All the South Stand started wringing their hands and shouting "oooooh" in rather high pitched voices, even the Bolton lads started smirking and this bloke was looking round completely oblivious until the penny dropped and he realised it was him we were taking the piss out of. I don't think Big Sam thought he was worth the risk after that!

August 2014, City 3 Liverpool 0 at the beginning of the new league season. After the scousers got a bit giddy the previous April:

"And now you're gonna believe us, you nearly won the league "

Yes, it's all coming back. And I do believe the "United 1 and City 3" was sung spontaneously when we thrashed the cnuts at the swamp in 1968. One of the most enjoyable matches of all time.
The North West Sound archive has a copy of a BBC radio documentary about it "More than a Game".
The chant really was of the moment. At Derby away (I think) I was next to the guy who, when we scored, suddenly bellowed "Sha la la Summerbee" (Bell scored but from the Buzzer's cross). The rest is history.

Great thread just sat here laughing to myself. My wife wants to know what so funny.
I was there for most of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.