Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the top of my head:

Got back from working in New York for a fortnight a couple of weeks ago. Visited Philadelphia while I was there. I really liked Philly.

Spent a little under a month doing Route 66 two years ago. Took a detour and stayed with an American family for a little under a week (including 4th July) in Tuscon, Arizona.

In 2000 had a girlfriend who was a journalist who I went to live with in New York for around a month. Also did the same the previous year with her in Vancouver (not in the States, I know) and San Francisco.

Also spent my honeymoon in the States in November 2008 when it was unseasonably warm. Did Vegas, L.A., San Francisco and Yusemete. Remember coming out of the Blue Man Group show in Vegas and hearing that Obama had been elected President, which was a little surreal.

Made a detour via Washington DC on a trip to Argentina in 2006.

Did New England in the fall in 2005.

Been to New York a couple of other times.

Doing Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans next March.

So, yeah I hate America and Americans and I would say I have lived there for at least a day on four occasions.

Thank you for letting me share my experiences with everyone. It gives a snapshot into what an amazing life I've had - so far. Long may it continue!

Ha! I think I like you even more.
Seriously, one of my constant 'things to do' is travelling across the USA. I was a bit obsessed with Jack Kerouac when younger...the wine consumption has subsided somewhat, but not the desire to travel across the states (Route 66 etc). I've been to San Francisco a number of times and it remains one of my favourite cities. I was staying with distant relatives the first time and managed to get locked out of their place (no key) after drinking in San Francisco (they lived across the bay in Oakland). Ended up sleeping rough in a local park for the night (my nod to Kerouac/Neal Cassady). Oakland wasn't the safest places back then.
Perhaps a little difficult with three children at the moment, but I keep myself fit so no reason I can't look into this over the next few years.

Thank fuck you don't live in America. You like to comment as if you've lived a life in American society, yet I'm wiling to bet you haven't lived a day there. I've lived there a long time - how long have you? Tell us all now?

Ooh, is it a contest?
Atlanta, Alabama, louisianna, california, vegas, florida (working), barstow, new orleans, san diego and a few other places where i've spent more than a day either living or working.

Is there a prize?

You've taught the lad a valuable lesson in forumming there. It's like being a defender: when faced with a one on one, don't dive in, don't commit yourself, because if you do and your opponent is quicker of foot, he leaves you on your arse and scores.

Good finish, by the way.
I'm not sure a three yard tap-in against a feeble opponent could ever be described as a good finish, mate ;-)

Today's topics (so far) from the Orange One are his interview with hannity on Fox (sure to have been Paxmanesque in its rigour and attention to detail, i'm sure), and now that a conservative broadcaster says that Puerto Rico is about to go into a financial hole.

""Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of....."

Attkisson's bio looks fun!

The second part of the tweet isn't out yet, but Anyone want to bet it blames the governor or the mayor?

Robert Reich (former SoS of labour) published a transcript of a convo with a former Republican congressman which highlighted several things. One is that Republicans on the hill think Trump is not just unfit for office but seriously nuts. Some are talking 25th Amendment but they want a big juicy tax cut bill above all else (hey they're Republicans it's what they do) so they are praying they can get that done before Trump starts to totally unhinge and declare nuclear war on North Korea (or even South Korea he ain't too fussy).

Two is good old Rex of 'moron' fame is hanging in there to head off any unwise military moves ditto with Mattis and Kelly.

And three. Did I mention they think Trump is nuts?

Aside from the nuclear war bit am I wrong in finding this just all a teensy bit funny?

Yeah ok I'm wrong.

Ha! I think I like you even more.
Seriously, one of my constant 'things to do' is travelling across the USA. I was a bit obsessed with Jack Kerouac when younger...the wine consumption has subsided somewhat, but not the desire to travel across the states (Route 66 etc). I've been to San Francisco a number of times and it remains one of my favourite cities. I was staying with distant relatives the first time and managed to get locked out of their place (no key) after drinking in San Francisco (they lived across the bay in Oakland). Ended up sleeping rough in a local park for the night (my nod to Kerouac/Neal Cassady). Oakland wasn't the safest places back then.
Perhaps a little difficult with three children at the moment, but I keep myself fit so no reason I can't look into this over the next few years.
Route 66 was an amazing trip. Started in LA (and Santa Monica) went to Vegas and the Hoover Dam - off piste and down to Tuscon - back up to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days - then on to Albuquerque (saw a few Breaking Bad landmarks) - Amarillo (don't bother - shithole) - Oklahoma (which was better than I expected) - St Louis (which I loved - the Budweiser Brewery was interesting from a personal perspective, even though the product itself is pretty foul) - and Chicago (which is up there with any city I've visited) - and then we spent a couple of days in Washington on the way back (as I thought it was important for the boy to experience if the opportunity presented itself)

Got to see a wide spectrum of American life and its people. I have to say, whenever and wherever I've been in the States I've always found the people to be sound and unfailingly polite as well, even in the less liberal parts. I'd definitely recommend doing that trip to anyone whose fortunate enough to be able to.

Robert Reich (former SoS of labour) published a transcript of a convo with a former Republican congressman which highlighted several things. One is that Republicans on the hill think Trump is not just unfit for office but seriously nuts. Some are talking 25th Amendment but they want a big juicy tax cut bill above all else (hey they're Republicans it's what they do) so they are praying they can get that done before Trump starts to totally unhinge and declare nuclear war on North Korea (or even South Korea he ain't too fussy).

Two is good old Rex of 'moron' fame is hanging in there to head off any unwise military moves ditto with Mattis and Kelly.

And three. Did I mention they think Trump is nuts?

Aside from the nuclear war bit am I wrong in finding this just all a teensy bit funny?

Yeah ok I'm wrong.
I mentioned people thinking this was funny earlier and told that it’s just not true. But what part do you think is funny? Is it the rise of white supremacy and the fact that they killed that woman in Virginia? Or is it the millions of children who lost access to healthcare or the women who may lose access to birth control and mammograms? Maybe it’s the 58 people who got killed in Las Vegas while #DumbDonald said there’s nothing that can be done about it? I’ll bet it’s the people dying and suffering in Puero Rico, right? There are few things funnier than seeing people lose their homes, drowning and starving while their president throws paper towels at them!

that was part 3 after the one above and:

"...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend...."

I don't know what "A total lack of accountability say the governor" means, but I suspect he misspelt "by"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.