Your worst City player

Won every Premier League game he started.

Good stat, but as a unit we looked good at the start of last season. For him to barely feature for the last six months tells you all you need to know. Made no effort to learn the language or work his way into the team.

Hi mate, I’m a little surprised you’ve placed Dickov amongst this shower. Granted he wasn’t the most talented player to grace a blue shirt but by Christ he didn’t half put a shift in whenever he was on the pitch. He even nearly managed to embarrass some of the lazy inept arseholes he was forced to play with. Wembley wasn’t bad either.

Hi mate, I’m a little surprised you’ve placed Dickov amongst this shower. Granted he wasn’t the most talented player to grace a blue shirt but by Christ he didn’t half put a shift in whenever he was on the pitch. He even nearly managed to embarrass some of the lazy inept arseholes he was forced to play with. Wembley wasn’t bad either.

I completely understand why Dickov is fondly remembered, mainly due to the Wembley goal, of course. But also his work rate, if there was a thread on hardest working City players, he'd be at the top of my list, no question.

But as someone who went to most games home and away during Dickov's City career, I could see us sliding down the league because he simply wasn't very good at football. He averaged 5 goals a season during his City career. Mainly played in the lower leagues.

I thought then, and I still think now, that if we'd had a centre forward with a little more quality, we wouldn't have fallen quite as far and as fast as we did. Even if he didn't have Dickov's work rate.

Unfortunately, work rate and effort will only get you so far in some careers. For example, would you want the most skillful heart surgeon, or the hardest working one? My feelings are the same about Dickov, I respect his work rate, but I wouldn't want him operating for me ;-)

I completely understand why Dickov is fondly remembered, mainly due to the Wembley goal, of course. But also his work rate, if there was a thread on hardest working City players, he'd be at the top of my list, no question.

But as someone who went to most games home and away during Dickov's City career, I could see us sliding down the league because he simply wasn't very good at football. He averaged 5 goals a season during his City career. Mainly played in the lower leagues.

I thought then, and I still think now, that if we'd had a centre forward with a little more quality, we wouldn't have fallen quite as far and as fast as we did. Even if he didn't have Dickov's work rate.

Unfortunately, work rate and effort will only get you so far in some careers. For example, would you want the most skillful heart surgeon, or the hardest working one? My feelings are the same about Dickov, I respect his work rate, but I wouldn't want him operating for me ;-)
Good post and fair response. I still like him though :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.