'All Or Nothing' - NO SPOILERS! - no content discussion

I don't really understand why Sky would have a problem with it?

They have the rights to the match footage, so Amazon would have to pay them to use it?

City already produce their own in-house content. I think the NY Yankee owned YES network help with that.

United have their own TV channel with their own content. As do Liverpool and Chelsea. All, I assume, show behind the scenes footage.

Channel 5 did the documentary on Liverpool. NBC did a one hour program on City a couple of years back.

So why would Sky be arsed if Amazon did a documentary on City? What's the difference?

The only thing I can think is that this is a brief from the PL. They've done their usual bargaining tactic when the new rights come up for negotiation - linked a new company with being interested in bidding for the rights.

In the past they've linked Apple, Disney, Facebook and others with bidding for PL rights, in order to make sure Sky don't get complacent with their bid. This year they've linked Amazon with bidding for the rights.

Because it will give them a taste of football on there platform and sky could be up against Amazon when the rights come up again, Richard Scudamore will be happy about it.

I don't really understand why Sky would have a problem with it?

They have the rights to the match footage, so Amazon would have to pay them to use it?

City already produce their own in-house content. I think the NY Yankee owned YES network help with that.

United have their own TV channel with their own content. As do Liverpool and Chelsea. All, I assume, show behind the scenes footage.

Channel 5 did the documentary on Liverpool. NBC did a one hour program on City a couple of years back.

So why would Sky be arsed if Amazon did a documentary on City? What's the difference?

The only thing I can think is that this is a brief from the PL. They've done their usual bargaining tactic when the new rights come up for negotiation - linked a new company with being interested in bidding for the rights.

In the past they've linked Apple, Disney, Facebook and others with bidding for PL rights, in order to make sure Sky don't get complacent with their bid. This year they've linked Amazon with bidding for the rights.

This could be Amazon's way of testing the appetite for football. If enough people watch it, they may determine its worthwhile entering the bidding process for the live rights. That will be a huge threat to Sky because either; 1) they will have to pay even more for the rights or 2) they will lose them altogether and lose a load of subscribers in the process.

Sky do not want a bidding war and the best way to avoid that is with fewer people bidding.

Remember that Amazon have already launched their Prime add on subscription channels, such as Eurosport. It's not hard to see that as testing the waters.

United will get a bigger deal. Everyone of their 650 million fans are willing to pay £100 each. Equals £65 billion deal. They will finally get Wesley Schneider sadly #worried

Because it will give them a taste of football on there platform and sky could be up against Amazon when the rights come up again, Richard Scudamore will be happy about it.

This could be Amazon's way of testing the appetite for football. If enough people watch it, they may determine its worthwhile entering the bidding process for the live rights. That will be a huge threat to Sky because either; 1) they will have to pay even more for the rights or 2) they will lose them altogether and lose a load of subscribers in the process.

Sky do not want a bidding war and the best way to avoid that is with fewer people bidding.

Yeh guys, I totally understand why Sky wouldn't want Amazon bidding for live action rights. But as I pointed out in my post, Scudamore and the PL do this every single time the rights are up for negotiation - link a company that has no intention of bidding, and they never end up bidding.

Apple, Facebook and Disney all linked in the past with outbidding Sky for the rights, but it never happens. Amazon is just the latest company to be linked with bidding for the main rights, but they never do.

If you go back and look over the last few bidding cycles, the exact same story appears at exactly the same time across all the newspapers when the rights are due to go to tender. I'm sure Sky are wise to it by now.

Amazon making a documentary about City and Amazon bidding for the main UK Live TV rights to the PL are two completely different things. I don't think Sky will be at all concerned about the former, and given Scudamore's previous, I don't think they will be too concerned about the latter.

As much as i agree with whats been said about sky i hate watching stuff on my computer,city games only,i really don't want to pay amazon for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.