Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure a three yard tap-in against a feeble opponent could ever be described as a good finish, mate ;-)

Me in the same situation.
y0RB9.gif

I mentioned people thinking this was funny earlier and told that it’s just not true. But what part do you think is funny? Is it the rise of white supremacy and the fact that they killed that woman in Virginia? Or is it the millions of children who lost access to healthcare or the women who may lose access to birth control and mammograms? Maybe it’s the 58 people who got killed in Las Vegas while #DumbDonald said there’s nothing that can be done about it? I’ll bet it’s the people dying and suffering in Puero Rico, right? There are few things funnier than seeing people lose their homes, drowning and starving while their president throws paper towels at them!

I think it's to do with 60 million plus people voting for and electing a moron. Rightly or wrongly it erodes any sympathy I may have. Not saying it reflects well on me but nevertheless America willingly and knowingly elected someone who was clearly unfit for office. Right now the Republicans elected to Congress are enabling someone who is clearly unfit for office. The solution is in America's hands namely don't elect morons and if you do then don't enable them. If America continues to do both then I'm going to find some humour in the situation. Also me finding it funny is the least of America's problems.

Route 66 was an amazing trip. Started in LA (and Santa Monica) went to Vegas and the Hoover Dam - off piste and down to Tuscon - back up to the Grand Canyon for a couple of days - then on to Albuquerque (saw a few Breaking Bad landmarks) - Amarillo (don't bother - shithole) - Oklahoma (which was better than I expected) - St Louis (which I loved - the Budweiser Brewery was interesting from a personal perspective, even though the product itself is pretty foul) - and Chicago (which is up there with any city I've visited) - and then we spent a couple of days in Washington on the way back (as I thought it was important for the boy to experience if the opportunity presented itself)

Got to see a wide spectrum of American life and its people. I have to say, whenever and wherever I've been in the States I've always found the people to be sound and unfailingly polite as well, even in the less liberal parts. I'd definitely recommend doing that trip to anyone whose fortunate enough to be able to.

Will make a note of all that - wonderful tips there. Ever since I watched 'Ferris Bueller' as a kid, I was fascinated by Chicago (I'd also like to see Seattle/NW States...and much more of California as it happens).
The 'stereotypical' US citizen (views perhaps garnered through our TV/Film eyes) doesn't seem to transpire to real life USA (at least on my visits). Like you, I found pretty much all them charming and oh so polite (even the 'Have a nice day' seems so genuine you couldn't fake it). I drank a few times in Vesuvio's in North Beach San Francisco - got to know the bar owner (Mike!) who had a friend in...Bolton... The second time I went, I was with my other half (pregnant with our first child) - he simply wouldn't let us pay for any drink all night - I was pretty much blown away by this. Same with a bar in Lower Haight: they knew we had come over from Manchester...one of the guys was a Man City fan and 'rigged' a bar quiz so we won (well, I won - a crate of beer which only I could drink given the other half's matter of pregnancy).
What did you travel around in btw? In my head, I'm thinking of this old open top 'cadillac', or indeed, a Breaking Bad RV...but I suspect it will be something more cosier but far less hip.
Definitely on the cards so I'll add those recommendations to the list. Presumably (nay hopefully) Donald will be nothing more than a bizarre footnote (at best) in America's history by then.

Anyway - thanks. Apologies for taking this thread off the beaten track...

I think it's to do with 60 million plus people voting for and electing a moron. Rightly or wrongly it erodes any sympathy I may have. Not saying it reflects well on me but nevertheless America willingly and knowingly elected someone who was clearly unfit for office. Right now the Republicans elected to Congress are enabling someone who is clearly unfit for office. The solution is in America's hands namely don't elect morons and if you do then don't enable them. If America continues to do both then I'm going to find some humour in the situation. Also me finding it funny is the least of America's problems.
People voted for him precisely because, just like you, they thought it would be funny. There’s nothing funny at all when the county with the most powerful military in the wold has a populace dumb enough to elect a moron.

People voted for him precisely because, just like you, they thought it would be funny. There’s nothing funny at all when the county with the most powerful military in the wold has a populace dumb enough to elect a moron.

No. They didn't vote for Trump because they thought it would be funny. Trump tapped into that rancid vein of white grievance alarmed and horrified that non whites may be getting the odd break here and there. Republicans have been blowing dog whistles since '68 and here we are at its logical conclusion; where an island full of Hispanics gets the finger and Texas gets federal aid. Trump could skull fuck his white base until they bled out of every orifice and the dumb cunts would still vote for him.

Years of conservative whining and fake outrage leads you to a President embraced by white Christian fundamentalists as the second coming and a rejection of anything remotely decent or even remotely Christian. My humour is a product of the bile I feel towards whole sections of the American populous and conservative thinking be it in the US or even here in the UK.

Any more questions?

So, America is pretty ace. It’s people generally are too. And Trump is a mad ****.

We in this country can laugh at the United States and it`s people`s for their collective naivety and stupidity all we like.

Unfortunately we could end up with the blond Old Etonians version of the local village idiot if we are not ultra careful.

We in this country can laugh at the United States and it`s people`s for their collective naivety and stupidity all we like.

Unfortunately we could end up with the blond Old Etonians version of the local village idiot if we are not ultra careful.

No we won't - he hasn't got universal appeal within his own party never mind the ability to spread that across the electorate - they know that because if he did don't you think May would have been taken out of number 10 and put out of her misery the day after the GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.