Players that turned out to be bargains

Ok so we've got a lot of discussion of various player related topics going on, but one that I haven't come across, is a thread covering players we have signed, that have turned out to be bargain signings.

So here's my bargain signing.

David Phillips he was my hero of our midfield in the two seasons he was with us. He had a great engine, could pass a ball and scored some fucking belting goals for us.

A fucking snip at £65,000 when we signed him from Plymouth and I would go as far as to say, he would be bloody brilliant in the midfield we have today.
David Phillips scored the only goal of the game at my first match...so he will always be my number 1

That chap Daley was pretty cheap by todays standards and we got a season out of him.

Tony Book cost the princely sum of £17,000. Just amazing, even allowing for inflation.

tumblr_ouleb6vvWa1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Steve Mackenzie looked very over priced at £250,000 when he'd never played a game but he was actually about the only bargain Allison bought in his second spell with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.