Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 of 50 states and all but one of the 40 largest cities in the country (El Paso, TX) . . . But I'm sure Stevie will claim I don't understand how America thinks compared to him. Even though I'm American.

PS. Be happy you never left the airport in Detroit.
I think Detroit would be quite interesting in a rubber-necking sort of way.

I think Detroit would be quite interesting in a rubber-necking sort of way.

It's not as bad as some other cities. Salt Lake City springs to mind. Most underrated big city in the US is Pittsburgh, though. Great place, especially in the fall. Cheap, nice people, great universities, remade downtown, some beautiful areas in the suburbs, huge sports town.

It's not as bad as some other cities. Salt Lake City springs to mind. Most underrated big city in the US is Pittsburgh, though. Great place, especially in the fall. Cheap, nice people, great universities, remade downtown, some beautiful areas in the suburbs, huge sports town.
I've also heard great things about Pittsburgh, which surprised me tbh. Assumed it was a bit of a Detroit-lite, in terms of post-industrial decay.

Pittsburgh is a cool city, only been once so missed a lot. You mention SLC again and so must once again must mention that it is probably the best ski destination in the States

What's up with Salt Lake City? I was only there for a day or two, and only saw the centre, but it seemed nice enough.

I can imagine that the extended conurbation to the west and south haven't anything to recommend them though.

What's up with Salt Lake City? I was only there for a day or two, and only saw the centre, but it seemed nice enough.

I can imagine that the extended conurbation to the west and south haven't anything to recommend them though.
Salt lake's the nearest big City to me, more than anything I think the Church influence is so over bearing that it kills off a lot of 'adult' fun. There's a great music scene with some good venues and I think because it's so stiff people don't realise the underground scene there. Real Salt Lake have a great stadium, miles of bike paths and did I mention the skiing?
The west expansion is definately the worst area with a suprisingly large gang problem. The metro area is the bad part as it's probably 90 miles from Tremonton down to Spanish Fork, everything right off i15 and beware Ogden, rough as toast

Pittsburgh is the beginning of the Midwest IMO. It's still close enough to the Northeast to be interesting but it's far enough away from Philly and NYC for the people to be really friendly. I always think of it as the best example of a big city whose people remind you of small town folk. It's the best of both worlds.

I've also heard great things about Pittsburgh, which surprised me tbh. Assumed it was a bit of a Detroit-lite, in terms of post-industrial decay.

Was driving on the freeway through Pittsburgh one day and it started raining heavily. At least, we thought it was raining until we put the wipers on and it made an unholy mess on the screen. Turned out it wasnt rain, it was a swarm of enormous flies. Didn't stop in the city after that ......

Oh, and yes. Trump. What an ass hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.