Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might well be, but my post was in response to a couple that said Sanchez has been our best player this season, when that's not been the case. The reasons why is another debate.
I think Wenger's comments today add more fuel to the fire that Arsenal will cut their losses and try to get something, anything for a player whose heart isn't with the club any more. The crazy thing is, why wait 4 months and lose £30m - £40m in the process?

If Arsenal cash in on Sanchez before his contract is up, everything they've said or done ends up being total bollocks. I bet you're all wishing for David Dein to return and bring some sanity to the madhouse?

Arsenal sound like some desperate bloke whose Mrs has told him she's off, but the bloke's stood in front of the door, blubbing away with bloodshot eyes, quivering lips and snot bubbles begging her to stay. Any sane person would try and ascertain if there was anything left to retrieve & if not, try to hammer out the best deal they could.

From an Arsenal fan's viewpoint, how do you feel deep down about 'Sanchez is going nowhere' then 'Sanchez can leave for £60m as long as we get a replacement', to 'We can't get a replacement, so he stays to the end of his contract', and then today's 'Once you are in our kind of situation we have envisaged every kind of solution, yes.' 'It’s possible he can leave in January.'?

Last edited:
Gutted about Chile not qualifying for the WC. Overall shit season for him so far. Couldn’t transfer to City, team doesn’t qualify for his likely last WC during his prime & the last chance for Chile’s golden generation. And after his best individual season ever, he doesn’t even get nominated for the Ballon d’or. With 30 goals & 19 assists in 51 games across the PL, CL & FA cup. Including two crucial goals vs both City & Chelsea on the road to winning the FA cup.

But at least Alexis finally gets a rest the summer after years of nonstop international football. You could tell it’s been affecting his overall play, as those legs were bound to fall off sooner rather than later considering how he plays as well.

Can’t wait to see him at City in January, hopefully, & hope he regains that 16/17 form.

I think Wenger's comments today add more fuel to the fire that Arsenal will cut their losses and try to get something, anything for a player whose heart isn't with the club any more. The crazy thing is, why wait 4 months and lose £30m - £40m in the process?

If Arsenal cash in on Sanchez before his contract is up, everything they've said or done ends up being total bollocks. I bet you're all wishing for David Dein to return and bring some sanity to the madhouse?

Arsenal sound like some desperate bloke whose Mrs has told him she's off, but the bloke's stood in front of the door, blubbing away with bloodshot eyes, quivering lips and snot bubbles begging her to stay. Any sane person would try and ascertain if there was anything left to retrieve & if not, try to hammer out the best deal they could.

From an Arsenal fan's viewpoint, how do you feel deep down about 'Sanchez is going nowhere' then 'Sanchez can leave for £60m as long as we get a replacement', to 'We can't get a replacement, so he stays to the end of his contract', and then today's 'Once you are in our kind of situation we have envisaged every kind of solution, yes.' 'It’s possible he can leave in January.'?

To be honest, once it got to the stage it did in the summer, Arsenal were in a bit of a no win situation. If Arsenal sell him to you guys straight away then the perception is still that Arsenal are a selling club & having to lose their best player to a domestic rival again, if they keep him then they are stupid from a business sense to throw away a potential £60M. I fully agree that Arsenal have a desperate inferiority complex, & are trying to cling on to some sort of big club status, which has probably been the driving force in any supposed strategy.

The mixed messages coming out certainly don't help matters, but i think most sane fans were prepared for all eventualities. Like i say, i think the Liverpool game spooked everyone, Ox was on his way quick sharpish after that for instance.

To be honest, it seems there's no chance of him staying, so if there's a chance to secure a replacement in January (someone like Draxler would be my preference) then i'd take the £20M-£30M, let him go & wish him well. Same for Ozil. Both have had a diminished influence so far this season, & i think it has shown that they aren't the be all & end all at Arsenal like some suggested.

To be honest, once it got to the stage it did in the summer, Arsenal were in a bit of a no win situation. If Arsenal sell him to you guys straight away then the perception is still that Arsenal are a selling club & having to lose their best player to a domestic rival again, if they keep him then they are stupid from a business sense to throw away a potential £60M. I fully agree that Arsenal have a desperate inferiority complex, & are trying to cling on to some sort of big club status, which has probably been the driving force in any supposed strategy.

The mixed messages coming out certainly don't help matters, but i think most sane fans were prepared for all eventualities. Like i say, i think the Liverpool game spooked everyone, Ox was on his way quick sharpish after that for instance.

To be honest, it seems there's no chance of him staying, so if there's a chance to secure a replacement in January (someone like Draxler would be my preference) then i'd take the £20M-£30M, let him go & wish him well. Same for Ozil. Both have had a diminished influence so far this season, & i think it has shown that they aren't the be all & end all at Arsenal like some suggested.
The perception of being a big club should come 2nd to a club being run sensibly in truth. Sanchez should not be your be all & end all of your club, but if he is, that tells you all you need to know about Arsenal's recent transfer policy. Big clubs shouldn't be about 1 player whether that player is Messi, the fake Ronaldo or not.

To be honest with you, as I said in my previous post, if someone said to me they wanted to leave & the reasons for this couldn't be resolved, I'd have sold to the highest bidder whilst looking for a like for like or better replacement. The fact you didn't is all on Arsenal & like you said probably down to the fact they think they're still a big club in the Sky Top 4 cartel

Spurs & City have put paid to the Sky Top 4 & made it a top 6 at best, but if the definition of a big club is that they appear regularly in the CL, well 6 into 4 doesn't go & 2 will have to lose out every season. Arsenal are still a big club, but like others 'big clubs', you seem slow in realising the EPL, isn't the Sky Top 4 cakewalk it once was. Cutting off your noses to spite your faces over Sanchez, perfectly illustrates that.

60m in the summer, free next summer. Surely half way point in the season 30m and no more and none of this please wait till we get a replacement

Think the penny has dropped with Arsene. Now talking about £20m being enough. I imagine we'll start chatting to them in December about this. Works for me.

Funnily enough an Arsenal fan at work is blaming CIty for this, because we withheld our bid until nearly the deadline. I didn't agree and used the Premier League table as exhibit 1 of 1.

The perception of being a big club should come 2nd to a club being run sensibly in truth. Sanchez should not be your be all & end all of your club, but if he is, that tells you all you need to know about Arsenal's recent transfer policy. Big clubs shouldn't be about 1 player whether that player is Messi, the fake Ronaldo or not.

To be honest with you, as I said in my previous post, if someone said to me they wanted to leave & the reasons for this couldn't be resolved, I'd have sold to the highest bidder whilst looking for a like for like or better replacement. The fact you didn't is all on Arsenal & like you said probably down to the fact they think they're still a big club in the Sky Top 4 cartel

Spurs & City have put paid to the Sky Top 4 & made it a top 6 at best, but if the definition of a big club is that they appear regularly in the CL, well 6 into 4 doesn't go & 2 will have to lose out every season. Arsenal are still a big club, but like others 'big clubs', you seem slow in realising the EPL, isn't the Sky Top 4 cakewalk it once was. Cutting off your noses to spite your faces over Sanchez, perfectly illustrates that.
Awesomely said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.