Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Vinnie, and really hope he can get a long run injury free in the next couple of years, but I just can't see it. Every time he's out its weeks and weeks.

It's extremely important we get another dependable, quality CB next summer, or even better, in January. Get rid of Mangala and then keep Vinny around as '4th choice', in a sense. Obviously if he's fit and firing he's one of the first names on the team sheet, however, that's not a common occurrence nowadays and he just cannot be relied upon. Having someone of Vinny's quality as a backup option will be massive, assuming we have another solid option to use in conjunction with this.

I think this is Vinnie's last playing season with us as I can't see Pep having any sympathy as he needs a full squad he can rely on week in week out. You will always get the Mendy/Gundo situation but unfortunately Vinnie is chronic. It must be on his mind every time he plays. When he has played this year he seems to have lost his sharpness which is to be expected.

It is such a shame as for me he has been the best centre-half I have seen play for City and that includes Doyle/Watson who were immense. I am expecting 2 new CBs over the coming window as Mangala looks very much surplus to requirements.

It would be brilliant if Vinnie stayed on in some capacity, he is very intelligent and I wouldn't be surprised if he became a very good manager one day.

Kompany is fine. We just need a ball playing Serviceable backup to our 3 starters. This was why I suggested Vlad Chiriches very early on in the summer.

It's extremely important we get another dependable, quality CB next summer, or even better, in January. Get rid of Mangala and then keep Vinny around as '4th choice', in a sense. Obviously if he's fit and firing he's one of the first names on the team sheet, however, that's not a common occurrence nowadays and he just cannot be relied upon. Having someone of Vinny's quality as a backup option will be massive, assuming we have another solid option to use in conjunction with this.
If there one thing you want your fourth choice player to be it's available as much as possible for when you might need him. No point in VK as fourth choice.

Vinnie’s last game was August 31st. What was supposed to be just a knock has made him miss almost 2 months of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.