Mersey Gateway Bridge

Whats important here is the fact the private finance behind the project not only recoups the £600M it cost but over the next 30 years makes approximately £1.2Billion in profit.

No one cares about you or others sadly mate.

Sadly we have , once again, allowed our pockets to be picked. Same with the QE2 Bridge ... original agreement was for that to be a toll until the cost of building the bridge had been recouped. (approx 20 years) The toll was indeed stopped and changed to a 'CHARGE' and we still have to pay it

Is a great looking structure not taking on board economical matters.

I'm a teacher and have to use the bridge every day. £80 a month is about £130 of gross earnings. Don't we already pay road fund license and have the highest fuel tax in Europe? I could well be forced to move schools.
That's a hell of a job; moving a school. And you're talking plural there. More than one school to be moved.

The Dartford bridge was promised to be toll-free as soon as it was paid for. It was paid for in 2003. They then scrapped the toll and introduced a charge. It's genius I suppose. Next year they will start charging by the minute. 50p per minute is suggested so it'll be £2.50 if it's clear but £6.50 if there's a traffic jam...

typical...im going over that way tomorrow andidnt even know a new bridge was going up. how much is the toll?

The Dartford bridge was promised to be toll-free as soon as it was paid for. It was paid for in 2003. They then scrapped the toll and introduced a charge. It's genius I suppose. Next year they will start charging by the minute. 50p per minute is suggested so it'll be £2.50 if it's clear but £6.50 if there's a traffic jam...
Citroen drivers will be shitting themselves if that comes about.

I see the Jocks got a nice shiny new Forth Road Bridge toll free. Sniff.

I see the Jocks got a nice shiny new Forth Road Bridge toll free. Sniff.

Yep....its a different world up there....Free University education...Train service now under control of one operator.(guess what happens next) ..free train travel for jobseekers to be introduced.... funny how they can afford it and England can't

Yep....its a different world up there....Free University education...Train service now under control of one operator.(guess what happens next) ..free train travel for jobseekers to be introduced.... funny how they can afford it and England can't

Its all a matter of political will.

The finance is there as we all know, just the political will is lacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.