Sergej Milinković-Savić

ADegenerate

We've apparently sent scouts to watch him play vs Napoli. Dunno anything about him outside of that video I posted. 22, 6'3 and looks like one to keep an eye out for.

Manchester City had a scout at the Olimpico last night to watch Sergej Milinković-Savić (22) during Lazio vs. Napoli. [Gazzetta dello Sport]

Very, very promising talent. The blend of height, power and technique reminds of Toure and Pogba, but SMS seems to be more intelligent player, his decision-making is better and quicker. Very good and precise passer.

He plays mostly as deep-lying 8 for Lazio, but I can't see him in this role in a Pep team - the guy definitely lacks mobility, which isn't surprising due to his size. But his skillset fits pivot position very well, though would need some moulding into a 'Busquets'. I reckon we're searching for alternatives if Weigl is unavailable/too expensive, and SMS is one of them.

Given his age, guess the price will be in 70-90m region next summer.

Last edited:
With a backside that size, he won't be knocked off the ball that easily. Wonderful range of passing in that video and able to open teams up when things are compact or when things are already open.

Seems like a report via City Watch is saying a bid may be imminent.

Could we buy him in January?
Such big deals never happen in Jan. And bear in mind that we're heavily restricted with foreign spots and would need to solve Sanchez and LB problems first. Right now we have no free foreign spots in CL squad, though 1-2 can be freed by excluding Muric and Mendy.

Expect a new DM to come next summer, when Yaya's contract expires.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.