Ryan Bertrand

Who would you prefer instead?

Not sure. I’d need to sit and watch the other alternatives before making any decisions. I’m just not one for signing someone just for the sake of it. We’ve done that enough over the years and struggled to shift them. For me - Sessegnon at Fulham has got buckets full of potential and would be a great understudy to Mendy.

he'd be a really good signing, but tbh id rather go for someone younger. like ben chilwell or tierney, someone pep can turn into a top class left back

There'll be few players who wouldn't jump at the chance of joining us in January, but I'm not convinced Bertrand will be coming. You need to be very, very special to get in our team now, and I think the days of signing such players have arguably passed.

There'll be few players who wouldn't jump at the chance of joining us in January, but I'm not convinced Bertrand will be coming. You need to be very, very special to get in our team now, and I think the days of signing such players have arguably passed.

This. All day long.

he'd be a really good signing, but tbh id rather go for someone younger. like ben chilwell or tierney, someone pep can turn into a top class left back

I also think we'll probably stay away and look elsewhere. The English quota doesn't matter at the moment and as you said if we can get someone younger (and potentially cheaper) that is probably the better option. Martin or Sessegnon for me.

I also think we'll probably stay away and look elsewhere. The English quota doesn't matter at the moment and as you said if we can get someone younger (and potentially cheaper) that is probably the better option. Martin or Sessegnon for me.
We can't use more than 17 foreigners, any additional foreign signing would require shifting some of our players next summer, limiting our transfer activity. Right now we have only 1 free spot, and it's for Sanchez. Another could be gained by Mendy's exclusion if I'm getting it right.
If we could be sure that Mendy's rehab is going fine, I'd say get Bertrand. The problem is that such injury brings uncertainty.
Tbf, you just need to be better (and less injury-prone) that Delph who is being played out of position and can't run up and down the flank like a real fullback.

We can't use more than 17 foreigners, any additional foreign signing would require shifting some of our players next summer, limiting our transfer activity. Right now we have only 1 free spot, and it's for Sanchez. Another could be gained by Mendy's exclusion if I'm getting it right.
If we could be sure that Mendy's rehab is going fine, I'd say get Bertrand. The problem is that such injury brings uncertainty.

Tbf, you just need to be better (and less injury-prone) that Delph who is being played out of position and can't run up and down the flank like a real fullback.
Hopefully we replace Bravo with Gunn next season.

i can't see gunn wanting to be a bench warmer, rather then a first team player for norwich
He'd get all League Cup and FA Cup games + if Ederson gets injured then he would take his spot. He can keep fighting with Ederson for the number 1 spot while he develops.
Bravo is our current back-up keeper, he's won Copa America twice and the Champions League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.