Queues

Not particularly.

Because one trial trip to our ground by a terrotist and he’d be thinking “well I don’t need to be going into the ground, one of the lads can detonate bomb one on the Met stop, another lad can do it at City Sq and I can do it when everyone is queueing to get in”

It’s naïve of anyone to think that the queuing, wanding and forcing people to arrive early is for safety reasons. Don’t forget City increased SC prices by £50 for absolutely not reason at all but to squeeze a few more pennies off everyone.

Have to agree. My point was getting weapons etc into the ground. You are quite correct and needs to be sorted but not sure how except for lots of armed police etc.

Got In in 30 seconds at 6.50
Steward waves wand
Wand bleeps
Steward says 'assume that's your phone & keys'
Me: yep
Steward in you go sir!

Makes me feel so safe these guys have got our backs!!

Everyone doesn't set off the beep but they

And obviously if we had them installed the security at the Etihad would have to check bags in exactly the same way as they do in Filipino malls! Yeah, theyre a waste of time those xray machines. I've no idea why they don't use wands at airports.

They don't check. They don't. Trust me on this, whatever you feel about City, Bangkok and Manila are not templates. It's a waste of time

Got In in 30 seconds at 6.50
Steward waves wand
Wand bleeps
Steward says 'assume that's your phone & keys'
Me: yep
Steward in you go sir!

Makes me feel so safe these guys have got our backs!!
To be fair, any weapon you could fit inside your pocket isn't capable of causing the type of harm that we're being protected from. It's people with big rucksacks or big padded coats that need the more intense searches.

They don't check. They don't. Trust me on this, whatever you feel about City, Bangkok and Manila are not templates. It's a waste of time
What you on about? Who don't check? Whether security give the bags a thorough search or not isn't the issue. The issue is 'queues' and x-ray machines would allow people to pass much faster than security manually waving a wand around each and every fan. I'm not interested in how concerned about my safety a Filipino security guard in Manila on 6 quid a day is. my point is; even malls in developing countries have airport style x-ray machines, so why are City pissing around with wands when there's 50 odd thousand people all trying to get into the stadium at the same time?

What you on about? Who don't check? Whether security give the bags a thorough search or not isn't the issue. The issue is 'queues' and x-ray machines would allow people to pass much faster than security manually waving a wand around each and every fan. I'm not interested in how concerned about my safety a Filipino security guard in Manila on 6 quid a day is. my point is; even malls in developing countries have airport style x-ray machines, so why are City pissing around with wands when there's 50 odd thousand people all trying to get into the stadium at the same time?

Look, I know those malls in Thailand and the Philippines. I've been there. If you think it's airport style security, you are wrong. People walk through, are not stopped (everyone sets them off) and are not searched. You walk through and don't stop or slow down. I'm not making a comment on City, I'm telling you those malls are not something to aspire to. They offer zero security. Zero.

Look, I know those malls in Thailand and the Philippines. I've been there. If you think it's airport style security, you are wrong. People walk through, are not stopped (everyone sets them off) and are not searched. You walk through and don't stop or slow down. I'm not making a comment on City, I'm telling you those malls are not something to aspire to. They offer zero security. Zero.

But we would have the people we have with the wands now stopping people who have set them off. If you don't set it off you walk through if you do move to the side for a pat down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.