Mersey Gateway Bridge

There's an online petition now, rapidly approaching 100,000 signatures.

The old bridge, for which there are no build costs since the change in legislation, will be tolled shortly. Much as I appreciate the benefit in traffic flow, this again feels like an additional tax on top of the already fiscally punitive system we are a part of.

Yep....its a different world up there....Free University education...Train service now under control of one operator.(guess what happens next) ..free train travel for jobseekers to be introduced.... funny how they can afford it and England can't

They have a crazy national debt though, highest in Europe.

This is the first time an existing route with no toll has been tolled. I presume the old transporter bridge had a charge and of course the old Runcorn Ferry was per tuppence per person per trip.

Registering gets you 10% discount - but they want £5 to register and £30 up front.,

Tradespeople crossing several times a day, district nurses, all impacted. And anyone not from Halton travelling to work across the bridge it's £1080 a year, and some families have several members doing it. I know of two bus drivers who've already changed employer to avoid crossing every day.

This is the first time an existing route with no toll has been tolled. I presume the old transporter bridge had a charge and of course the old Runcorn Ferry was per tuppence per person per trip.

Registering gets you 10% discount - but they want £5 to register and £30 up front.,

Tradespeople crossing several times a day, district nurses, all impacted. And anyone not from Halton travelling to work across the bridge it's £1080 a year, and some families have several members doing it. I know of two bus drivers who've already changed employer to avoid crossing every day.

I live in Northwich, so when flying I can easily use Manchester or Liverpool airports as they're both around the same distance from home

A couple of weeks ago I went to Spain and flew from Liverpool. The taxi driver told me that because of the tolls and what he has to pay, some people are already sacking off Liverpool as a departure airport because of the increased cost of travel to and from Liverpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.