Worst injury celebrating a City goal

Bozo

Here's a fun one for a slow Thursday.

While celebrating Raheem's opener on Tuesday I brought my leg down hard on the seat in front of me, took a lot of skin off and swelled up pretty bad... Looks a right mess now and has bruised every colour of the rainbow.

So, what's your worst?

Hangovers and lots of them :)

Edit I fell over the cat once (stupid cat being in my way asleep)

Here's a fun one for a slow Thursday.

While celebrating Raheem's opener on Tuesday I brought my leg down hard on the seat in front of me, took a lot of skin off and swelled up pretty bad... Looks a right mess now and has bruised every colour of the rainbow.

So, what's your worst?
Did exactly the same at villa park in the cup when Micha Richards scored an injury time equaliser. It was bloody painful took all the skin off my shin.

I was driving along a coastal road listening to City on the car radio. City scored and I was so excited I accidentally drove of a cliff plummeted 500ft and was killed.

Am OK now but it took ages to get better.

Not a City goal and not me personally but it is an injury celebrating a goal so I'll share anyway.

Around 30 of us crammed into my mate's living room to watch Ireland ( Republic of) play Germany in 2002 World Cup. Last minute equaliser for Ireland and naturally we went wild, jumping around the gaf like lunatics. After a minute or two the celebrations died down apart from one of my mates ( the house owner) on his knees, facing the ground and screaming like a demon.

I recall thinking to myself, jaysus relax bud, it's just an equaliser in a group game, we haven't won the World Cup. Then I spotted his shoulder, it had popped completely out and left his arm facing the opposite direction than it should've been.

When he woke up in hospital following his surgery he got speaking to a bloke that was in the bed next to his and it turns out he had had the same operation having received the exact same injury. This lad had been working behind a bar during the game ( illegal lock-in) and when Ireland scored jumped up to celebrate and ended up falling over a keg, knocking himself spark out and popping his shoulder on the landing too.

I was driving along a coastal road listening to City on the car radio. City scored and I was so excited I accidentally drove of a cliff plummeted 500ft and was killed.

Am OK now but it took ages to get better.
500 foot you say? You were lucky.
When Aguero scored that goal, I was almost at the top of Everest, and fell off in my excitement. Dropped 17,000 feet, the guides took 3 days to find all my body parts, but managed to sew them all together. I'm back watching again, but it was close, I'll tell you.

Lad called Andy used to sit behind us in East Level 2(now 93:20), did the same as you but on his calf, ripped a piece of skin and muscle (about 4 inches square) out of his leg that required surgery and a few weeks off work. Last I heard he was in talks with the Club as the metal leg the seat was attached to had not been deburred. Truly horrible injury.

500 foot you say? You were lucky.
When Aguero scored that goal, I was almost at the top of Everest, and fell off in my excitement. Dropped 17,000 feet, the guides took 3 days to find all my body parts, but managed to sew them all together. I'm back watching again, but it was close, I'll tell you.
Do you drink Chateau de Chasselay? Monty Python fans will know!!

Did exactly the same at villa park in the cup when Micha Richards scored an injury time equaliser. It was bloody painful took all the skin off my shin.
I did similar 6 times at the swamp with that shitty legroom in the away section, not as bad as the OP's injuries but had a fair bit of skin scraped off my shins. The adrenalin dulled the pain.

Again not an injury per se but I did punch my missus in the face when Stones scored against Monaco, she hasn't gone to a game with me since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.