Rival supporters enjoying our football

Sat in a bar in Old Town Albufiera Portugal on Tuesday night watching Napoli game when an Everton fan asked if we didn't mind if he sat with me and my son to watch the game. The guy was drooling over City and especially KDB. You would have thought he was a City fan the way he slated all the pundits and media of the way they treat City and Pep. To be honest it was a pleasure to listen to a fan of a different club who praises all that's happening within our club and never once did he mention the word money. He did say he wished Everton however would have spent there money better this summer.

I'm a palmeiras supporter, so can't say I'm a rival per se, but I throughly enjoy watching man city games.

Even though Jesus is also an obvious reason for me to watch you guys (I just love that cheeky boy lol), I don't have a doubt that you're playing the best football in the world right now.

Interesting to see some of you guys complaining about the "money issue" in that ppl try to reduce your success because of size of the team's budget.

Here in Brazil we, at palmeiras, also face a similar problem, in that we are the "money team" at the moment and that is used by the media both as the sole reason of our success in recent years, and also as a way to pressure our team when things don't go our way (ie: "EVEN with all that cash, palmeiras didn't win all the championships and thus was the biggest letdown of the year").

I'm a palmeiras supporter, so can't say I'm a rival per se, but I throughly enjoy watching man city games.

Even though Jesus is also an obvious reason for me to watch you guys (I just love that cheeky boy lol), I don't have a doubt that you're playing the best football in the world right now.

Interesting to see some of you guys complaining about the "money issue" in that ppl try to reduce your success because of size of the team's budget.

Here in Brazil we, at palmeiras, also face a similar problem, in that we are the "money team" at the moment and that is used by the media both as the sole reason of our success in recent years, and also as a way to pressure our team when things don't go our way (ie: "EVEN with all that cash, palmeiras didn't win all the championships and thus was the biggest letdown of the year").

Hi @Palmeirense, it is a lazy stick to beat us and yourselves with. I bet the reporters who say you buy the league and things like that are just pandering to Corinthians fans and others to get clicks. Speaking of which, they have stumbled recently, any more and you have a chance to put real pressure on them.

Totally agree mate. I've said from the beginning of Pep's tenure that our fans need to look at where we've come from recently & look where we are now when they judge Guardiola & our squad. It wasn't that long ago that we almost got relegated from the Champions League.

I still strongly believe that we can't fully judge Pep until season 2019/2020. However, if we're playing as we are now 12 months into his reign & continue on the same trajectory, can you imagine what we'll be like by then?

This was the plan from the day Garry Cook was removed from his post. There's nothing like winning to lift everyone's spirits & expectations, but winning in style is the icing on the cake.

In terms of ManUre, yes Moureen has splattered teams from the bottom end of the table, BUT he's only crossed 2 competitive teams this season so far, which are Real in the UEFA Super Cup & Liverpool on Saturday.

If both matches were points based, that would be 2 played & 1 point & some proper dreary, defensive football played by Moureen's Marauders along the way.

Well Napoli was the result we hoped for and then the unexpected bonus of the Huddersfield result yesterday.

The pundits and journo's will have to rein it in a bit now when talking about the rags. I've only seen highlights, and I use that term loosely, of both their midweek win against Benfica and their loss yesterday but both performances are as a consequence of that game plan against Liverpool in my opinion. He slammed the handbrake on then expects his team to jump straight back to attacking teams. Their momentum has took a real hit now and with tough games to come against Spurs and Chelsea, their up against it over the next few weeks.

In complete contrast we took on the current leaders of Serie A, who at that point were 8 for 8 and scored hatfuls, and we got the result. Then we took on a Burnley side who have had some great away results so far this season and got the job done with a good scoreline. I think that three goals against Burnley is a good result and only because of our recent drubbing of teams does it not seem as good as we could've got.

It'll be interesting to see how the land lies at the next international break. If we can get the win against West Brom and Arsenal then I think we'll be a minimum of 7 points clear after 11 games. It'd still be early on but thats some hell of a lead to have built up after just 11 games. Barring an alarming drop in form thats the sort of lead that title wins are built on.

Well Napoli was the result we hoped for and then the unexpected bonus of the Huddersfield result yesterday.

The pundits and journo's will have to rein it in a bit now when talking about the rags. I've only seen highlights, and I use that term loosely, of both their midweek win against Benfica and their loss yesterday but both performances are as a consequence of that game plan against Liverpool in my opinion. He slammed the handbrake on then expects his team to jump straight back to attacking teams. Their momentum has took a real hit now and with tough games to come against Spurs and Chelsea, their up against it over the next few weeks.

In complete contrast we took on the current leaders of Serie A, who at that point were 8 for 8 and scored hatfuls, and we got the result. Then we took on a Burnley side who have had some great away results so far this season and got the job done with a good scoreline. I think that three goals against Burnley is a good result and only because of our recent drubbing of teams does it not seem as good as we could've got.

It'll be interesting to see how the land lies at the next international break. If we can get the win against West Brom and Arsenal then I think we'll be a minimum of 7 points clear after 11 games. It'd still be early on but thats some hell of a lead to have built up after just 11 games. Barring an alarming drop in form thats the sort of lead that title wins are built on.
The Burnley game has to be taken into perspective. We had the advantage of not having to travel for neither Napoli nor Burnley, but Burnley had the advantage of a week off and a 45 minute journey to get to Manchester. The facts are that both games were the potential banana skins that we'd have slipped on 12 months ago, but we got through them.

My big fear is injuries, suspensions and fatigue. Last Wednesday, both Sane & Sterling looked fucked and KDB, Fernandinho & D Silva can't be expected to play every game. I know Pep wants to win every potential trophy we come across, but hopefully the likes of B Silva, Gundogan, Danilo & maybe Toure can start against Wolves so that we spread the load across the squad.

We also have Foden, Tosin, Diaz and Zinchenko who I'd like to see used sparingly in these matches. If we want to sweep the lot this season, we can't stray too far away from what's worked for us so far. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but we have had a poor game this season if you look at the 2nd half versus WBA and the 1st half in the next game versus Palace.

We have to steadily build and add to what we've already got, because when we've made wholesale changes, we've looked vulnerable. The brilliant thing is that that Pep seems to know what he's doing, so I trust him to do as he sees fit.

Question for the Palmeiras fan...are Flamengo The Rags of Brazil or is it Corinthians?

As I keep hearing "City haven't played anyone yet" I wonder if they're going to bring this lot out of retirement to give us a game
We have won 16 and drawn three in the last competitive 19 matches. We have lost just once in 26 league matches so we must have played everyone at least once in this amazing run since January.

The Burnley game has to be taken into perspective. We had the advantage of not having to travel for neither Napoli nor Burnley, but Burnley had the advantage of a week off and a 45 minute journey to get to Manchester. The facts are that both games were the potential banana skins that we'd have slipped on 12 months ago, but we got through them.

My big fear is injuries, suspensions and fatigue. Last Wednesday, both Sane & Sterling looked fucked and KDB, Fernandinho & D Silva can't be expected to play every game. I know Pep wants to win every potential trophy we come across, but hopefully the likes of B Silva, Gundogan, Danilo & maybe Toure can start against Wolves so that we spread the load across the squad.

We also have Foden, Tosin, Diaz and Zinchenko who I'd like to see used sparingly in these matches. If we want to sweep the lot this season, we can't stray too far away from what's worked for us so far. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but we have had a poor game this season if you look at the 2nd half versus WBA and the 1st half in the next game versus Palace.

We have to steadily build and add to what we've already got, because when we've made wholesale changes, we've looked vulnerable. The brilliant thing is that that Pep seems to know what he's doing, so I trust him to do as he sees fit.

I agree with what your saying about wholesale changes, it could affect our momentum. The rags lost theirs completely when being happy to sit and defend against, what was on the day, a poor Liverpool side. Having said that I also agree that in that second half against West Brom we were poor and for some dreadful finishing on their part it could've been a different outcome. Thats why I think we need to rest some and have a fresh squad for the game on Saturday. I know its still early in the season but some players look, in recent games, like the constant games has taken its toll on them. Plus if we are to compete in all four competitions then we need to be giving players minutes where possible. We can't expect a player to sit on the bench for half the season then if there's an injury come into the team and hit the ground running.

It'll be an interesting team selection against Wolves. Its a shame both Foden and Diaz are unavailable. It'd have been great to to see them get their chance.

Anyway back on topic for the thread. Any rival fan (rags aside) who say they aren't enjoying are football at the minute are either lying or being overly tribalistic. They way were playing at the minute is the best football thats been played in England in a while.

Sat in a bar in Old Town Albufiera Portugal on Tuesday night watching Napoli game when an Everton fan asked if we didn't mind if he sat with me and my son to watch the game. The guy was drooling over City and especially KDB. You would have thought he was a City fan the way he slated all the pundits and media of the way they treat City and Pep. To be honest it was a pleasure to listen to a fan of a different club who praises all that's happening within our club and never once did he mention the word money. He did say he wished Everton however would have spent there money better this summer.
Did you have your wallet when he left?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.