Local teams in FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round 14th Oct

Cracking draw for Hyde....
Home to MK Dons

Great to see Hyde in the first round again. In the early 80s, my Grandad used to come to get me and we'd go and watch Hyde, if I wasn't going to Maine Road with my Dad. I still remember going to the first round FA Cup game against Burnley at Turf Moor, after which Burnley promptly bought their best player!

Great to see Hyde in the first round again. In the early 80s, my Grandad used to come to get me and we'd go and watch Hyde, if I wasn't going to Maine Road with my Dad. I still remember going to the first round FA Cup game against Burnley at Turf Moor, after which Burnley promptly bought their best player!

Great memories of that trip to Turf Moor. Kevin Glendon was the player in question. Didn’t make many appearances before returning to non league football & then managed Radcliffe Borough for 20 years. Father of George who was at City before moving onto Fleetwood.

Great memories of that trip to Turf Moor. Kevin Glendon was the player in question. Didn’t make many appearances before returning to non league football & then managed Radcliffe Borough for 20 years. Father of George who was at City before moving onto Fleetwood.

Kevin was the Manchester Evening News non league reporter for years as well...... as well as a former youth team player at City - as this from Wiki

Kevin Glendon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kevin Glendon
Personal information
Full name
Kevin William Glendon
Date of birth 21 June 1961 (age 56)
Place of birth Manchester, England
Playing position Midfielder
Senior career*
Years
Team Apps (Gls)
1979–1980
Manchester City 0 (0)
1980–1981 Crewe Alexandra 4 (0)
1981–1983 Hyde United 94 (7)
1983–1984 Burnley 4 (0)
1984 Witton Albion 5 (0)
1984–1986 Mossley 95 (9)
1986–1987 Northwich Victoria

1987–1989 Hyde United 42 (7)
Teams managed
1990–2010
Radcliffe Borough
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Kevin William Glendon (born 21 June 1961) is an English former professional association footballer who played as a midfielder. After his retirement from playing, he spent 20 years in charge of Radcliffe Borough.

Glendon was with Manchester City before joining Crewe Alexandra. He played four times in the 1980–81 season before joining Hyde United. He joined Burnley in December 1983, but was limited to four league appearances there as well and, after being released in May 1984,[1] joined Witton Albion. He joined Mossley in September 1984,[2] where he remained until being transferred to Northwich Victoria, for a fee of £200,[3] in October 1986.[2]

He became the regional director of coaching for the players' union,[4] quitting in 1990 to become the full-time manager of Radcliffe Borough. In September 2010, Glendon resigned as manager of Radcliffe, ending a 20-year relationship with the club.

His son George is also a professional footballer.[5]

Are you sure it wasnt George Oghani?

George played his last game for Hyde in late 1983 when they beat local rivals Stalybridge 2-0 in the 3rd qualifying round of that FA Cup run before signing for Bolton. He later went to play for Burnley & a few other league sides.

Hyde’s game against MK Dons will be shown live on BBC2 on Friday 3rd November. Great news for me as I can now go as it won’t clash with our home game against Arsenal on the Sunday.

Ticket price details here for anyone that fancies going to the game.

http://www.hydeunited.co.uk/news/hyde-united-fc-v-mk-dons-fc-2043332.html
Chorley v Fleetwood also televised on the Monday night. 6th Nov. on BT Sport so another N-West team benefitting from a decent payout. Stephen Jordan is currently on Chorley's books I believe.

George played his last game for Hyde in late 1983 when they beat local rivals Stalybridge 2-0 in the 3rd qualifying round of that FA Cup run before signing for Bolton. He later went to play for Burnley & a few other league sides.

Remember seeing him play for Hyde, I think against Macc.

I hope this fixture helps them start climbing back up the pyramid, 2nd tier Northern Prem is not where they should be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.