Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did miss that, I must confess. Not so sure though, Manchester airport just isn't that important.

I'm no world travel expert but Manchester along with Melbourne and New York are major destinations for Etihad Airlines.
Although I must add the last few times I've used Manchester airport the queues have been horrendous, best I leave that for another topic!

I'm no world travel expert but Manchester along with Melbourne and New York are major destinations for Etihad Airlines.
Although I must add the last few times I've used Manchester airport the queues have been horrendous, best I leave that for another topic!

Overseas airlines don't care where they fly. They look for something profitable. They've no care about Manchester above Belgrade beyond that. Sorry. Etihad had nothing to do with it, AUH -MAN is a thin route.

Overseas airlines don't care where they fly. They look for something profitable. They've no care about Manchester above Belgrade beyond that. Sorry. Etihad had nothing to do with it, AUH -MAN is a thin route.

Silly me thinking it was all about promoting Abu Dhabi and Etihad Airlines. The Sheikh is a true Blue after all.

Yes sure. But Manchester as an airport has little to do with that. The global exposure is on TV.

Of course as a club we've grown considerably since the takeover but I'm sure at the beginning Manchester airport ticked one of the boxes needed.

Of course as a club we've grown considerably since the takeover but I'm sure at the beginning Manchester airport ticked one of the boxes needed.

It's not that big a destination. With overseas airlines it's not competing with Birmingham or Glasgow, it's with every regional city of any size across Europe. Manchester is just not that important; it's mildly useful. The connections are of limited value, it's no more important than Birmingham or Glasgow (to use the same example).

People always look at this parochially. An airline based in Abu Dhabi, or Doha, or Singapore, or wherever, cares only for the value to the network and the profit. Trust me, there's no queue for Manchester.

It's not that big a destination. With overseas airlines it's not competing with Birmingham or Glasgow, it's with every regional city of any size across Europe. Manchester is just not that important; it's mildly useful. The connections are of limited value, it's no more important than Birmingham or Glasgow (to use the same example).

People always look at this parochially. An airline based in Abu Dhabi, or Doha, or Singapore, or wherever, cares only for the value to the network and the profit. Trust me, there's no queue for Manchester.

It's an important airport. Top 15 in the world for amount of destinations served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.