Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
bang on.

I watch a lot of extended highlights with a decent vpn (not all vpn's are created equally though)

Match of the day highlights are not good enough imo.

Palace fans allways bang on about - 'why are we last on MOTD every week'!!! lol -

man city fans are not a special case. We all have fans that 'want' to take every negative and play the victim card.

Very true and each clubs forum is the same. I work with Bournemouth and West ham fans and they moan about bias for the big clubs, the same as we moan about bias against us. Its due to viewing football through the prism of your own club.

I do agree there are people in the media who do not like us and that is reflected in their writing but its far from a bias in my opinion.

Very true and each clubs forum is the same. I work with Bournemouth and West ham fans and they moan about bias for the big clubs, the same as we moan about bias against us. Its due to viewing football through the prism of your own club.

I do agree there are people in the media who do not like us and that is reflected in their writing but its far from a bias in my opinion.

Well said

That last sentence is surely an utter contradiction of itself, and to promote the notion that the odd rogue City hating journalist is the extent of any bias against us, is to deny the existence of clickbait and the associated power of advertising anyway

If not a bias what is it then? If they write with inclination or prejudice then it's a form of bias.

It was based on you comparing Palace fans to City fans. The media narrative is completely different for the 2 clubs.

all fans have similar types that was my point- if i was a fan of a top team i would not be hear. The fact Place are so out of range is a reason i can support your team on a different relative level.

I also made my feelings clear earlier in this thread about a certain amount of media bias - alot is to do with ex man u and liverpool pundits , a lot is to do with who is employed and the global relevance of the 'historic' top teams like liverpool and man u and the global reach. But Man city are going no where - you are instilled and i can see PSG and your team ruling the game in a few years over la liga. You and PSG are the best teams to watch amazing football. You owever IMO are in a better place as you have better week in week out opposition.

all fans have similar types that was my point- if i was a fan of a top team i would not be hear. The fact Place are so out of range is a reason i can support your team on a different relative level.

I also made my feelings clear earlier in this thread about a certain amount of media bias - alot is to do with ex man u and liverpool pundits , a lot is to do with who is employed and the global relevance of the 'historic' top teams like liverpool and man u and the global reach. But Man city are going no where - you are instilled and i can see PSG and your team ruling the game in a few years over la liga. You and PSG are the best teams to watch amazing football. You owever IMO are in a better place as you have better week in week out opposition.

Fair enough, can't argue with any of that.

That last sentence is surely an utter contradiction of itself, and to promote the notion that the odd rogue City hating journalist is the extent of any bias against us, is to deny the existence of clickbait and the associated power of advertising anyway

Not really - he is surely putting on who is employed. Ex man U players get a lot of jobs in the media because they were the best english players and are at an age. These players in my opinion are not clever enough or self aware enough to understand that they are subconsciously unbalanced in there opinions, therefor not necessarily doing it with intent in a conscious way.

Not really - he is surely putting on who is employed. Ex man U players get a lot of jobs in the media because they were the best english players and are at an age. These players in my opinion are not clever enough or self aware enough to understand that they are subconsciously unbalanced in there opinions, therefor not necessarily doing it with intent in a conscious way.

So when Wio and the Ginger Pig are taking the piss out of City for the lack of atmosphere and empty seats, whilst working for BT on our CL leagues, it's not conscious intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.