The Worlds biggest Bands

Biggest Bands By Decade (or so I would think.)

60s. The Beatles
70's. The Rolling Stones
80's. U2
90's. Metallica
00's. Foo Fighters
10's. Coldplay

It's hard to tell because official record sales tracking has been dodgy in certain eras due to 'creative accounting practices.. But I bet each bands is near the top of the list of each of those decades.

If he was well enough - Phil Collins would have to be on the list with perhaps his Genesis lads too.

Jean Michel Jarre apparently.

It depends though. Obviously any classic band getting back together for one gig only is always going to have massive interest, whereas a band like the Rolling Stones that you can see any time would find it harder to get as many people for a single show, unless it's in a place where they never tour. And it seems being big in Russia or Brazil is a big bonus when it comes to massive concerts.

Jean Michel Jarre apparently.

It depends though. Obviously any classic band getting back together for one gig only is always going to have massive interest, whereas a band like the Rolling Stones that you can see any time would find it harder to get as many people for a single show, unless it's in a place where they never tour. And it seems being big in Russia or Brazil is a big bonus when it comes to massive concerts.

That was the basis of my seemingly odd inclusion of Daft Punk. Since their last tour over over a decade ago, interest in them has grown enormously, and they would be offered huge sums from promoters if there was any chance of them doing a show. From those of the right demographic and who come from the club / electronic side of things it would be a must-have ticket

Zep, The Who, The Stones, Hendrix, Floyd and Skynyrd.

You think the Beatles wouldn’t outsell any of those bands?! I’d say the pecking order might be The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zep, Hendrix, Abba and Queen. I’d have chucked the Stones in, but for the fact that they’re all alive and kicking (bar Brian Jones of course) and perhaps as such unlikely to spark the interest the others might generate.

Last edited:
You think the Beatles wouldn’t outsell any of those bands?! I’d say the pecking order might be The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zep, Hendrix, Abba and the Stones, and the only reason the latter are not tucked in behind the front two is simply familiarity
No, it was more the six I'd want to see. Plus The Doors.

You think the Beatles wouldn’t outsell any of those bands?! I’d say the pecking order might be The Beatles, Elvis, Led Zep, Hendrix, Abba and Queen. I’d have chucked the Stones in, but for the fact that they’re all alive and kicking (bar Brian Jones of course) and perhaps as such unlikely to spark the interest the others might generate.

Thread about bands. Can forget Elvis the Pelvis

Are we imagining that the person never died, or that they came back to life? Because if it's the former, it's entirely possible that you'd be watching a 75 year old Jimi Hendrix after a lifetime of average material that never lived up to his early work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.