Metrolink

As already stated Bredbury & South Manchester SC run buses from The Crown for every home game. Plenty of car parking available at the nearby Bredbury train station. http://bredburyblues.com/home travel.htm

Also there's a bus that runs from the Sheperds Call on Market Street in Hyde for every home game. £7 return for adults.

Both drop off & pick up next to the Campus. Bredbury buses best for getting away quickly as the Hyde crowd tend to have a pint post match before setting off.

Cheers for that, gunna try this Zeelo bus from flowery fields. Supposed to have priority exit from the car park..

I'm thinking of using the tram with son for tonight's game for the first time.

How bad is it now after the game getting on to trams heading towards Alty? I'm sick of how long it takes to get away in the car now, so a beer and the tram would be good. Thanks.

You'll be in long queues leaving the match but it's still faster than getting away in your car. Be prepared to be stuffed in like sardines though.

How bad is it now after the game getting on to trams heading towards Alty? I'm sick of how long it takes to get away in the car now, so a beer and the tram would be good. Thanks.
Easier to walk back to town after the game mate & get a tram from there.

You didn't say how old your son was - if he is a young un I would avoid as the crush may frighten him.

I park near that huge restaurant. There are car parks all the way up that road and getting out and back to town is quick. Much quicker than the tram. Just make sure you park nearer to manchester than the restaurant (vermillion or something) and walk a bit further

Taking an old fogey tonight (as well as my usual old fogey!) they want to get the tram back.. i've never used it before after a match. They want to go with 15 min to go (!) (i'm not, they will be without us 2) as they think they can get a tram before the whistle. So my question is with 15 to go would a tram be kept there waiting to fill up at full time, or would they send it anyway? Thanks.

If you go for a beer in City Square and wait for the queues to die down you'll be ok. Usually takes around 45-60 minutes for it to clear after games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.